Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

When do you need larger injectors?

Old 02-17-2011, 09:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When do you need larger injectors?

I have a '98 TA that has a stock bottom end w/ common bolt on ugrades, CAI & LT's w/ cat back and while replacinging the clutch I've decide to go ahead and install the LS6 stage II heads & intake and mild 226 cam pkg I've been sitting on for quite a while. While I'm at it I was wondering if installing a fresh set of larger injectors would be a worthwhile investment for this and future upgrades (LS3 short block)? Like title says are larger injectors (36#) a good choice at this time or would it be a waste of money & fuel with little to be gained. Thanks for any suggestions
Old 03-05-2011, 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

personally i would use LS3 stock injectors... should be easy to tune...and im sure they will support 600hp plus... if you ever look at the g8 2300 for the gxps, they dont include injectors... so i believe ls3s should suffice in 99 percent of all motor builds
Old 03-07-2011, 05:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

My understanding is when you up to +85% duty cycle the injectors start losing the ability meter fuel as accurately. Get at least 36's, if you have any possibility thought of getting more HP out of your engine then get a set of 42's.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by HotRodder
I have a '98 TA that has a stock bottom end w/ common bolt on ugrades, CAI & LT's w/ cat back and while replacinging the clutch I've decide to go ahead and install the LS6 stage II heads & intake and mild 226 cam pkg I've been sitting on for quite a while. While I'm at it I was wondering if installing a fresh set of larger injectors would be a worthwhile investment for this and future upgrades (LS3 short block)? Like title says are larger injectors (36#) a good choice at this time or would it be a waste of money & fuel with little to be gained. Thanks for any suggestions
run a bosch ls1 style 36lb at 43.5 psi.stay with this type of injector do to your ecu and harness.also a bosch injector can run all day at 90%.this a myth that you can't run an injector over 85%.we are up the street from vengeance racing great company these guys run daily driven street cars all day at 85% to 90%.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:21 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FICINJECTORS
this a myth that you can't run an injector over 85%.we are up the street from vengeance racing great company these guys run daily driven street cars all day at 85% to 90%.
I wouldn't say that it is a myth, it is just not advisable, as what you want to ensure is that you have proper fuel delivery. The higher you go in the duty cycle the more a risk of possibly going static and possibly getting improper fueling that is the problem. The reliability in the higher duty cycles is dependent on manufacturing & etc as it always is.

The issue is getting improper fueling. If you have an injector that is giving you consistent fuel delivery, then why not, sure.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:17 PM
TECH Resident

From RCENG:
"Most injectors will operate up to 80-85% duty cycle without any issues. Exceeding the maximum duty cycle will basically cause the injector to go static. The transition from a dynamic state to a static one will cause the injector to become unstable for a brief moment. Typically, the injector pulse width will operate past this "dead zone" rather quickly and go wide open. "
Old 03-16-2011, 12:28 AM
TECH Junkie

What are the LS3 injectors rated at?

Search this Thread