General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car wont crank

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wont crank

I turn the key all the way before ignition, electric power comes on and I hear the fuel pump turn on, gauges turn on, then I turn the key completely to start the car and nothing happens, the starter does not crank and all the dash gauges go off. If I hold the key turned completely for a few seconds straight still no crank, although sometimes it will finally crank and start if I do it that way.

In the worst cases where its happened I turn the key completely about five to six times and the starter will not crank. I've had the battery and alternator checked and they are both good. A few times the problem went away and the car cranked and started on the first try, although it USUALLY does not start easy like that now. So what the heck would cause this? bad ground? loose starter bolt making a ground? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Staging Lane

Talking

ijust posted the same problems with my 02 camaro it is random. nothing on this car has been changedit all oe. i dont think its any of those options
Old 02-20-2011, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

my mechanic said its probably the ignition relay. I read another thread on here and that was the solution for somebody else so hopefully if I get a new one ill be good to go.