Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tranny mount confusion...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 03:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tranny mount confusion...

leave it to gm to make something so simple such a pain...

i blew my stock tranny mount up a long time ago...replaced it with a poly, replaced that with a 1le...

i think the 1le and the poly are taller than the stock mount (i think i might have screwed up and got a lt1 1le)...even enough to change pinion angle...

it seems now after lots of reading they discontinued the seperate mounts for the m6 and a4 and now the stock mount is the same for the m6 and a4...and it lists for $70 bucks...

with all the tailshaft housing breakage problems ive had im going to try to retreat to a stock mount to see what happens...as of now i can feel a pulsing vibration ~70 mph and i think it might be pinion angle...

anyone used a pioneer mount #622817? they sell them at oreilly's and they are on $17.99

anyone else know a large retail chain that carries something different?

ive tried autozone, napa, carquest, etc. etc...the only online site i found that had some listed for our cars was oreilly's...
Old 02-14-2004, 07:02 AM
JUS
Teching In

here in Fl, autozone carries the energy suspension 4l60e tranny mount, which is a poly mount with two interlocking metal hooks inside. guarantee not to break.....and the best part.......$24.99.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a ES poly mount with the bumps ground off and no spacer plate. I removed the spacer plate recently, after comparing the ES to my stock mount.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:12 AM
TECH Addict

my tailshaft broke with a stock mount. I now have a poly...
Old 02-14-2004, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i see two of you actually read the first post...
Old 02-14-2004, 10:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikemodano9c
i see two of you actually read the first post...
Forgive me for trying to give some advise
Old 02-14-2004, 11:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
Forgive me for trying to give some advise
He meant me, so I deleted my post with info on the 1LE mount.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well i went to oreillys and got the 18 dollar mount...

it looks from what i remember just like the stocker. i remember my stocker had a gap in the middle of the mount (hollow), so it can actually twist a small amount...so does the one from oreillys. im going to throw it on soon and see if i can tell a difference.

i took some pictures...if anyone wants to host them...

this might be a good alternative to 1le's and poly's...for less than 20 bucks

BLKTA and WILWAXU i apologize for being rude, this tailshaft breakage crap just has me pissed off...
Old 02-15-2004, 02:54 PM
TECH Addict

i dont understand the problem with the ES poly mount. It's great, perhaps only the slightest note of vibration, but helps with a 112lsa cam its not like noise and vibration are a real concern? Are you saying the ES mount sux or something?

btw chromoly drive shaft? how'd that work out. Got any dyno #'s on your car. I'd love to run a 11.83, looking for tips from folks who have similar setups so my first drag event isn't a dud.

Everything runs 1/2 second faster in TX than GA right ?
Old 02-16-2004, 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by samz28
i dont understand the problem with the ES poly mount. It's great, perhaps only the slightest note of vibration, but helps with a 112lsa cam its not like noise and vibration are a real concern? Are you saying the ES mount sux or something?

btw chromoly drive shaft? how'd that work out. Got any dyno #'s on your car. I'd love to run a 11.83, looking for tips from folks who have similar setups so my first drag event isn't a dud.

Everything runs 1/2 second faster in TX than GA right ?
the poly mount worked good for me...but after i started breaking tailshafts i swapped it out in case it was all or part of the culprit...turns out it wasnt...

no with duals ending before the rear axle...a little vibration isnt the biggest concern...the poly mount never bothered me that much...

chromoly shaft is ok...i bought it to try and cure the vibration (in my car at 70 mph there is a vibration that i cant figure out...it pulsates every second or so...its weird...feels like pinion angle or unbalanced shaft...i think im gonna break down and have a drivetrain place go over everything and see if they can figure it out...

no dynos with the cam and the current mods...im sure it would break a housing on the dyno so whats the point...

im guessing 380-385rw the way the car is now...it made 340/350 with the stock converter, stock motor, and macs

im thinking i might have gained around 40rw with the cam, longtubes, duals...

if you wanna run good times...get some et streets...especially since your stall is bigger than mine...i had to go half throttle off the line with brand new 555r's which only got me a 1.84 short time and a 12.1 et. i put on the et streets and ran the 11.83...

your 60ft will dictate your et...

good luck!

(judging by your dyno...if you car is around stock weight i think you will have plenty to run a 11). get some good tires and floor it...