Need some help from North Dallas guys!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 10:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some help from North Dallas guys!

I've got a buddy who lives in McKinney. He's a real nice guy, 18, and loves his 1999 Camaro. Unfortunately, on the ice days a few weeks ago he hit a curb and broke 2 wheels and a PHR (see attachments).

After replacing brakes, wheels, and the PHR he tried to drive away but there was still a BAD wobble from the back driver's wheel. I think he bent his axle also. I told him it would be cheaper/easier to replace the rearend than to have someone replace an axle.

So....what we are looking for is
a) a 98+ rearend with 3.08 or 3.23 gears (his car is 3.08) for cheap
b) someone to install this for a quick buck or two

I don't have the time to invest in a rearend swap, or else I would do it. Anyone up here want to help him out? He's a good kid and REALLY wants to get into the Camaro thing. I don't want him turning to the dark side because of this.

Thanks

Jeremy
(PM me for contact info if you can help)
Attached Thumbnails Need some help from North Dallas guys!-photo-1.jpg   Need some help from North Dallas guys!-photo-2.jpg   Need some help from North Dallas guys!-photo-3.jpg  
Old 02-22-2011, 03:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Axel is very easy to replace bud! Cheap too! Just don't drive around on the bent one or it will destroy the carrier.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Robbie in Mansfield can sell you a rear end for less than $200 probably. Buy the rear end and then pull the axle for now to get it back on the road. I can help do the labor, but I don't have a line on parts.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Axel is $50 and swapping it is free if you got some basic tools.