LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Rough Running, Shaking When Cold

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rough Running, Shaking When Cold

3 or 4 times in the past month, on particularly cold mornings, I start my car and it runs pretty rough and choppy, it rocks left and right quite noticeably. It reminds me of a loose rocker without the actual rocker noise. Sometimes the idle slowly rises to 2k rpms in park. Put it in reverse and the rough running continues for a few seconds but by the time I'm moving forward it's returning to normal but still more rough than usual. I get out to check for smoke, but I hardly see any, even being that cold. I've check the coolant and oil and they look fine. After I get to work and it sits for 2 hours, I go to move it and it's normal. 7 hours later it is again running normally, hell, it's even pulling pretty good. My car shakes normally with my mods, but this is out of the ordinary. Even though it only happened a few times it was violent enough to make me worry. The car rocking left and right was especially worrying. Also might be worth noting that a few times go back and forth between neutral and reverse/drive it would dip down low in the rpms , bouncing off 550 rpms or less then going back to it's normal 800 or so (supposed to be 750 but doesn't seem like it).
Old 02-22-2011, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone?