Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

possible interior failure

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 01:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default possible interior failure

Ok, so I bought a kit from Steve @ Specialized Stainless a few years back. He is no longer a sponsor on here & their site only shows Tan material as a option now. I sent him a email today to try & find out if he is still selling the material. I'm gonna need more to finish my interior.

If he does not, I'm at a complete loss. I do not want to Krylon it cause that **** scraped off my kick panels & sails after a very short time. Is there a effective way to dye panels black, the hard plastic parts & vinyl? Something that wont chip, peel or ruff off with time. I'm set on black/ebony interior & finding a complete set from a bird is getting almost impossible or outragous in cost.

Lets bounce ideas guys...
Old 02-23-2011, 01:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NO WAY. i was going to order some material from him this spring and do my interior! ****.

I have no idea what you can do. What about trying an upholstery shop and see if they have any material that will match?
Old 02-23-2011, 01:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Mike-

I responded to your email.

We're not restocking the leather interior stuff once we sell out due to lack of demand. If you've already ordered from us in the past I'll try to help you out.

Best regards, Steve.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:06 PM
12 Second Club

Oh, you changed to Yofab, I totally forgot about that man, LOL. I understand not stockin it anymore for those reasons though.

Well as of right now I only have one door panel wrapped but I know I'm gonna need more if I attempt to finish out the interior. I still got: (1) door, (2) sail panels & all the trunk/hatch panels to wrap.

Luckily I used a spare door panel though, so if I have to change direction its really not too big of a issue.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:52 PM
12 Second Club

I'm curious if anyone on here has used the full SEM system yet to dye interior pieces. I know they have different preps for different surfaces. Here is what I was just looking at:

SEM vinyl prep (SEM-vinyl-prep-38343)
SEM plastic prep (SEM-plastic-prep-38353)
SEM sand free primer (SEM-sand-free-38363)

and then the color of my choice which was the Landau black topped with the satin gloss finish (SEM-satin-gloss-13013)