Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple of codes

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of codes

ok dont know if this is the right section.

threw some codes today and i know what 2 of them are.

p0137- cat leaks like a **** and bank 1 sensor 1 isnt working right (dont really care unless its something else cause this one comes and goes and the guy i bought it from said it did it every once and a while)
p0440- evap canister hose is broken, (gonna address this tomorrow)

and these are the 2 i dont know

p0410- air injection system fault? im guessing the AIR/EGR is blocked or messed up
p0102- maf sensor (it says lots of things but could it be a timing issue) car drives great and doesnt lag or anything so im sure thats fine but i dont see any vacuum lines or maf sensor plug problems.

help please . thanks
Old 02-23-2011, 09:43 PM
Teching In

anyone?
Old 02-24-2011, 08:00 AM
Launching!

My guess is until you get that leaky cat fixed and the evap hose you will continue to get codes. If your cat is leaking causing the oxygen sensor to fault you will get the Air/EGR codes as well or vice versa. They all work together so if one throws a code the other will too.

Here is what I would do after the cat and hose are fixed if you still get codes.

-Clean your MAF. I pulled mine off and it was awful so I cleaned it up. **** gets caught in the screen.

-As far as the air injection code it is your air check valves are possibly clogged, if you look at the top of the exhaust manifolds there is a tube coming off the top of them to a rubber hose and futher up there is a valve. Replace those on both sides. They are $18 each at NAPA. I was getting o2 sensor errors as well as air/EGR. Replaced the valves and all went away.

this is the part number at NAPA for the valves - CRB 229000

Last edited by Scoobysnacks; 02-24-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Teching In

having a tuner tune out the egr/air and rear o2s tomorrow as well as correcting my speedo and im also gonna get the evap canister as well so hope it all goes away.