Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

workin on it again!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default workin on it again!

workin on the nova again! just thought i'd throw up some pics of what i have been doing!

the motor all mocked up hoping to have final assembly on it done in the next couple weeks.

then since i finished the subframe and suspension a month or so ago, i have been working on brakes. i'm going with LS1 Fbody brakes on al 4 corners, with an SLP line lock, and an SSBC mastercylinder/small booster. i have 2" mcgauhys drop spindles so the standard brake brackets dont fit so i made my own kit basically. i got the calipers mounted, and once hub is machined and studs pressed in. now the other side is to be done. i also go the rear brakes close to done, i'll post pics and what not later on those. still a long way, but i'm gettin there lol

Old 02-23-2011, 09:05 PM
12 Second Club

Can't wait to see it completed. You should sell me your Vette once it's done...for cheap.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet what block, heads and cam did you go with.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

That's a 2000 LS1 block, and they are some mild ported LPE 853's that tim had on his original motor that blew up, then when it blew up it broke off 2 valves in each head and Fxxxed one combustion chamber in each head, so I have about 5 hours in them now, and have easily another 5 hours left to finish them. But I'm holding off now til I check the piston to valve cleareance with them because they are already milled .055-.060 already! So I'm checking that out this weekend. They'll probly be about .062-.064 by the time I'm done with them. If they will work like that, then I'll use them, if not then I'll build a set of 243's up. and as far as the cam goes I'm using the good ol' TSP MS3 cam that everybody knows and loves! With the LS7 lifters, LS2 chain and gears, and the TSP ported LS6 oil pump. Weird... I don't think anybody has ever used that combo! How original right??? Lol
Old 02-24-2011, 02:08 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is that an electric motor?

Quick Reply: workin on it again!