Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using Stock F-Body Fuel Sending Unit: Fuel Line Configuration Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 12:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using Stock F-Body Fuel Sending Unit: Fuel Line Configuration Question

I am running a stock F-body fuel sending unit (with built in regulator) and am wondering how to configure my feed and return lines. I know that many are running the Corvette FPR/filter set up which has both the feed and return running directly to the FPR/filter, but since the F-body sending unit has the built in regulator, how should I run my fuel lines? Would I just "T" the return line in the the feed line and put the filter in between the "T" and the fuel rail?
Old 02-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Teching In

To the top.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Have the dual lines is a better way to go from what I hear,just run two lines from tank to fuel rail,put a in line fuel filter in the feed line somewhere!the older dual in out fuel rails have built in fuel regulator!
Old 02-26-2011, 12:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bmf5150
Have the dual lines is a better way to go from what I hear,just run two lines from tank to fuel rail,put a in line fuel filter in the feed line somewhere!the older dual in out fuel rails have built in fuel regulator!
Thanks for the reply. Since I'm using the stock sending unit (with the built in regulator), wouldn't I need to use the feed-only style fuel rail, and not the older feed/return style fuel rail, since it also has a regulator on it?

Also, assuming I use the feed-only fuel rail, how would I configure the return line given that i'm using the stock sending unit?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

If you have an LS1 fuel sending unit you will need to put a Y in the line back by the pump and use a returnless fuel rail (LS1 f-body's had a block that 3 lines went into)

Quick Reply: Using Stock F-Body Fuel Sending Unit: Fuel Line Configuration Question