Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Running downstream Regulator w/o aftermarker rails?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 10:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Running downstream Regulator w/o aftermarker rails?

I would like to set up my LS1 fuel system to have the regulator after the fuel rails. Is there any way to do this without having to purchase aftermarket rails? I have seem pictures of people brazing fittings onto factory rails, anyone have any info on this? Any other options?
Old 02-25-2011, 11:19 AM
FormerVendor

Not safely with the way the the factory x-over is in the center of the rail one end or the other is going to lack fuel. Not to mention the volume difference stock rails become a restriction after about 600rwhp.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:31 AM
10 Second Club

Here's the setup I was referring to (credit goes to LS1-FD on norotors.com)... and additional crossover line was added and what was the stock feed is now being used as the return. Now that I have looked at it more, it appears it is an LS2 fuel rail, and it's probably not worth my time to braze on an additional crossover. Nate, I would like to use my factory fuel rails... I guess my only option then is to run a 3 port regulator at the fire wall with a long return back to to the tank?

Old 02-25-2011, 11:43 AM
FormerVendor

You would need the regulator and return line regardless? just seems like alot of work to retain the factory rails but if its a look you're going for...then I spose it could work. LS1 rails are not that big in diameter either so volume and fittings would be an issue.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:49 AM
10 Second Club

True. I guess what this all boils down to is that I bought a Aeromotive 13105 (2 port) and I wanted to use stock rails to save some dollars... now that I've looked into it deeper I've found to run that regulator I need aftermarket rails. I suppose I should just sell the regulator, buy a 13109 (3 port) and run it before the rails.