Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e Boost valve Location! Pulling my hair out!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 12:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 4l60e Boost valve Location! Pulling my hair out!

Ok I got my 4l60e in a 97 chevy blazer 2 dr 4x4, I know sry guys no ls1, I joined because all of the information on the 4l60e and mods, I am new to tranny mods and have been doing a lot of good reading on this site!

Anyways I am about to order a vette servo and booste valve because thats what everyone says is the easiest mods to start with. Well I have searched all day and cant find the location of this? Does anyone have any pics? I can replace this just by removing the pan right? I also was thinking of replacing the pressure control solenoid as I read that needs to be replaced every 50k? Anyways I circled where I think the pressure control solenoid is can someone verify this and also point out where the boost valve is or a pic or a tutorial anything! THAnks. I think I am going to order the .471? Any tips on size would also be appreciated!

Note I cant circle the pressure control solenoid but it is on the very top of the picture towards the left corner the big black cylinder.. is this correct and please where is the boost valve?

and omg lol this is great >
Old 02-28-2011, 12:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

sounds like you just need a trans go kit
Old 02-28-2011, 12:55 AM
Teching In

But I cant install that myself... I was looking at the superior shift correction kit, what labor be on that or the trango kit, I have looked at the hd2 but the tranny has to be pulled to install everything I thought... basically until I swapped my fluid when I came to a stop and accelerated hard my engine would rev up and then slam into gear unless I accelerated lightly. It hasnt done this in like a week so hopefully just a dirty valve cleaned by new fluid. Does this sound like anything else familiar? thanks man!

And where is the boost valve? lol
Old 02-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Teching In

the boost valve is in the pump, you have to pull pump
out and a snap ring holds it I dont know if you can do it in car I always put it in when i have trans apart.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you can remove the boost valve while trans is in car its in the pump on the driver side of the filter it has a small internal snap ring that you have to remove and it will fall out after that.

Last edited by Predator T/A; 03-01-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:52 AM

The boost valve is in the lower right side of this picture. Vince

Name:  IMG_1127-1.jpg
Views: 9193
Size:  43.3 KB
Old 03-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Banned

Cool you took the watermark off!

To the op, e-mail returned.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Teching In

thanks guys so when I drop the pan it will be in the very front passenger side of the pump basically? Will it be super tough to get it out with the valve body in the way?
Old 03-01-2011, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no it will be on the drivers side of the pump filter bore its the one with the larger snap ring the other one with the smaller snap ring is the TCC valve
Old 10-19-2012, 09:24 AM

Default boost valve and shift censors 4l60e transmission

Originally Posted by NiceGuysFinish1st:)
Ok I got my 4l60e in a 97 chevy blazer 2 dr 4x4, I know sry guys no ls1, I joined because all of the information on the 4l60e and mods, I am new to tranny mods and have been doing a lot of good reading on this site!

Anyways I am about to order a vette servo and booste valve because thats what everyone says is the easiest mods to start with. Well I have searched all day and cant find the location of this? Does anyone have any pics? I can replace this just by removing the pan right? I also was thinking of replacing the pressure control solenoid as I read that needs to be replaced every 50k? Anyways I circled where I think the pressure control solenoid is can someone verify this and also point out where the boost valve is or a pic or a tutorial anything! THAnks. I think I am going to order the .471? Any tips on size would also be appreciated!

Note I cant circle the pressure control solenoid but it is on the very top of the picture towards the left corner the big black cylinder.. is this correct and please where is the boost valve?

and omg lol this is great >
change the shift censors a and b if a is bad youwill get 3rd and th gear if bis bad youll have 1st 2nd and reverse b is stuck on the boost valv is located next to the shift censorsin the front of tansmission near flyweel (behind after pan and filter are removed). the transmission will will start to slip when it goes from 2-3rd gear and then grab nd go any tech will tell you that this is a major problem with theses trannys. boost valve is nextto shift censors and is hel in by a clipor pin i have diagram so you should get both shift censors only 18 dollars a piece and change boost valve at same time gaurantee it fixe problem.

http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/operation.html diagram of shift censors

boost valve is on right side of censors in pic
Attached Thumbnails 4l60e Boost valve Location! Pulling my hair out!-4l60eexplodedvalvebody.gif  
Old 04-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good info. What's the labor cost of a trans shop to do both of these.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:04 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Do you mean installing a boost valve and replacing the shift solenoids?
If yes, this is at most 15 minutes more than doing a fluid change.
The Sonnax 4l60E-LB1 is a good choice for a boost valve; a shop can order it overnight from their distributor. (Note: somewhere around 2005/2006 the 4l60e-LB2 is needed.)
Old 04-23-2013, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Here is a picture of the boost valve with the pump installed in the case looking at it from the valve body side. The valve body is removed.
John
Attached Thumbnails 4l60e Boost valve Location! Pulling my hair out!-boost-valve.jpg  
Old 04-23-2013, 06:48 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by jmmcamaro2002
Here is a picture of the boost valve with the pump installed in the case looking at it from the valve body side. The valve body is removed.
John
However, the valve body DOES NOT need to be removed to remove/install the boost valve.

Quick Reply: 4l60e Boost valve Location! Pulling my hair out!