Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What mods to my L96/LY6 harness should I consider before rework?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What mods to my L96/LY6 harness should I consider before rework?

Just pulled the harness off my 2010 L96 and I want to get it reworked and the ECM reflashed to delete VATS. That ought to be good enough to drive to a dyno tune since I'm not going to change cams.

What considerations should I think about in asking whichever service (Speartech, Waitforme, etc) to do to make sure the harness meets both current and future needs? For instance, I'm reusing my Black Magic electric fan with its own thermometer, but I'm thinking I should ensure the harness has dual fan connectors even if they're not initially used since the next radiator setup will go that route. Good idea? Are there other things I should think about?

Appreciate your counsel.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:17 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Why would you want to run a stand alone fan center? Just let the PCM run the fans and you can set the temp activation however you want.

If your going to cough up for a preliminary mail order tune then you might as well get the torque management cleared out of it and delete your rear O2's ( if your not running them ) etc just to save a few mins of time for the tuner afterwards so your not spending more than nec

Quick Reply: What mods to my L96/LY6 harness should I consider before rework?