PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SO, is that a NO GO on the LS1 Edit instruction sticky thread? Seems like we need it

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 12:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SO, is that a NO GO on the LS1 Edit instruction sticky thread? Seems like we need it

We really, REALLY, need a sticky for the REAL use of each table in LS1 edit.
Old 02-15-2004, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lightbulb

I agree...

BowlingSS
Old 02-16-2004, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

Write it and one of the mods will make a sticky.
Old 02-16-2004, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 66ImpalaLT1
Write it and one of the mods will make a sticky.
i think that is the problem, the poeple who need the thread, don't know what the tables do,

the tuners who know what the tables do, don't want to give away thier knowledge

Ryan.
Old 02-16-2004, 03:25 PM

Kevin (NoGo) helps alot of people on here and i am sure when he has time he will set something up

he is the man
Old 02-16-2004, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

It's not a matter of giving away knowledge it is just a matter of a HUGE undertaking.

You wouldn't be able to fit it into one thread, it would just be too big to properly sift through all of the writing. It would have to be broken into sections / subsections.

I would gladly donate what I know of tuning to a project like this, but I by no means have the time to spearhead an effort to produce something like this..

Rob, when do you plan to stop by the shop next? I have another program for your car I would like you to try.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

that is true as well. To explain full tuning in 1 thread, would be very hard to do, i've learned so much over the past year, and that is only scratching the surface on what there is to know.

Ryan
Old 02-16-2004, 09:20 PM
11 Second Club

besides, the results from a particular table may have a different effect on different setups and vary from build to build.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NoGo
It's not a matter of giving away knowledge it is just a matter of a HUGE undertaking.

You wouldn't be able to fit it into one thread, it would just be too big to properly sift through all of the writing. It would have to be broken into sections / subsections.

I would gladly donate what I know of tuning to a project like this, but I by no means have the time to spearhead an effort to produce something like this..

This ^^^^ has, indirectly,already been done. Click on NoGo's name for his profile . Then do a search for all of his posts (Don't search threads started by NoGo he rarely asks for anything!!!). They are not in order or properly titled - but the info for tuning is there.
My favorite is the "Decay Table" post/ thread - a friggen Classic....yes, I am serious. Read it.

NoGo is THE MAN
joel
Old 02-18-2004, 08:21 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,069 Posts

Binks, don't sell yourself short. You've put up lots of great info yourself. Between you and Cal last summer, I learned a good deal in reguards to fixing A4 & cam driveability issues. I owe you two a big thanks!
Old 02-18-2004, 08:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Binks, don't sell yourself short. You've put up lots of great info yourself. Between you and Cal last summer, I learned a good deal in reguards to fixing A4 & cam driveability issues. I owe you two a big thanks!
You're welcome. But, what I know I learned 99.9% of it from NoGo. That's a bit inaccurate - I learned alot from Cal also.The "Decay " thread became interesting because of Cal's and NoGo's comments.
Regardless, the knowledge is from NoGo's posts. His posts brought some sense to the LS1 PCM and LS1 Edit. Before reading his posts I'd spent close to 9 months trying to make sense of it all - I was searching and reading every nite (The Edit List archives, here in the Tuning section, Edit List daily, Charles Probst's Corvette Fuel Injection book, Google searches and on and on). None of it made sense .I was beating my head agaist the proverbial wall .

There are alot of guys who read this forum everyday, and could, but never do, contribute.....just sit back and watch them...they log in and read threads!!

I'll shut up.

The info is here if a guy wants to take the time to look it up and read it. All we need to do is apply it....properly.
FWIW. joel