Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Looking for answers

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for answers

Hey guys, I dont post much in Tech, because I have to get someone else to build my motor, Sure I could put a motor together but im not a builder. Here is my specs. I first put a 6.0L Ls2 Iron block in my car with the stock heads. The bottom end is 30 over with good parts, the heads I could not afford so I put stock 441's fgorm the orginal motor on the block. The car made 386Rwhp, on a Mustang dyno near my town. I Bought a pair of stock 6.0L heads(not sure of the casting number) They were ported to 304@600 at SAM in Texas, However, I had to use the STOCK LS1 valves out of the 441 heads, simply becasue I had/ve no money(college). Now she pulles 406rwhp, same everything but the Head itself.

Question is

If I was to bump up to a larger valve, even the stock LS2 valve, how much could I gain? I can not complain about the heads as they cost me less 330.00 Cash. I very happy with the car, just wondered if i would pick up anything worth spending money on?

Thanks for not bashing me and any replies in advance.
SZ
Old 02-28-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Regular

This depends if you have any more mods planned in the future. Yes/No?
Old 03-01-2011, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT
This depends if you have any more mods planned in the future. Yes/No?
Yes, kinda lol, the motor has a Fast 90 w/ a holley 90mm and all the trimmings. I am having a 200 shot put on. Other than that No more cash for the motor at this time. Later I would like to Pull the heads and put larger valves if I thought it would gain enough. What else can I tell you?
Old 03-01-2011, 09:29 PM
TECH Regular

Well, knowing this, I don't want to recommend a junky hollow valve set. You will see good gains from lighter valves that are bigger, but with a 200 shot you need sodium filled exhausts and lightweight intakes to survive the heat. I'm no valve man, but there are lots and lots of options out there to suit your application.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT
Well, knowing this, I don't want to recommend a junky hollow valve set. You will see good gains from lighter valves that are bigger, but with a 200 shot you need sodium filled exhausts and lightweight intakes to survive the heat. I'm no valve man, but there are lots and lots of options out there to suit your application.
Thanks, It sounds like I should keep the head I have especially due to the cost i have in them, and when i can go with larger and better valves. With that i would gain more. This is a motor car, but i knew i would throw the hose on it so I spent the good cash to keep it together, scat rods, wisco pistons, and a voodoo Cam.
Below is the old heads in an idle video

And me vs a 1liter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAsquJJfw6E
all the old heads
Old 03-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Launching!

Hi,
i think you made a wise choice!! Best of luck and stay safe.
Have a blessed week...........captain jim
Old 03-02-2011, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jim ravencraft
Hi,
i think you made a wise choice!! Best of luck and stay safe.
Have a blessed week...........captain jim
Thank you, and I hope your week is blessed of our Lord also.