LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 11:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning

Does anyone on this forum offer to email tunes and scans back and forth? Something like Solomon does? I know I have seen quite a few posts from gregrob about the Tunerpro program. Do you tune other peoples cars? Just looking towards the future.

I have not purchased anything to do scans or tuning with, but I am considering it. I would like to slowly step into this tuning stuff, but it would be nice to start with a tune that is very close to what is right for the car rather than try to figure it out when it is way off already.

I'm good with computers and believe that with enough reading and paying attention to what settings change what that I could figure it out. I just don't feel like being that patient with getting a halfway decent tune. I figure I might as well get someone to dial it in pretty close for me and then figure the rest out myself.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:25 PM
TECH Addict

You'd need to be able to datalog for someone wanting to do that. IMO you should get a "pro" for mail tunes until you can supply logs for whoever you want to do that.

Plus there's the idea of trusting somebody to tune your car who doesn't have insurance or anything like that for your safety.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can help you out when you get ready
Old 03-01-2011, 12:13 AM
Staging Lane

I'm willing to pay someone for getting me going. Solomon charges $70 for 3 tunes IIRC. I just figured I would check and see if anyone either had a better suggestion or reccommended anyone specifically. Gregrob, you seem trustworthy to me! haha Just figured that maybe the money would be better going to a forum member rather than a random person. Idk if I will get around to it this summer. It all depends on how things go.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by nascarextreme
Just figured that maybe the money would be better going to a forum member rather than a random person.
Solomon is a forum member too.
Gregrob is more of a random person than solomon.

Not that gregrob is a bad choice, just saying your thoughts on that seem backwards.

$70 for 3 is a good deal to me. But if you ask gregrob he's not worth a free tune.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Staging Lane

I did not know that. Thankyou for the info. He must not be very active, huh?

Quick Reply: Tuning