Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Yellow Fog Lights on a TA?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 12:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Yellow Fog Lights on a TA?

I need new fog lights, as mine have broken and want a good (but inexpensive) fog light to replace it that looks good. Due to costs I don't think I want to get an HID unit, and the fact that my stock headlights are not HID. I will probably go Silverstar on the headlights and thought about yellow for the fogs, as yellow fogs apparently help see better through actual fog and I think can look good. Can I see some pics of any TA's that have yellow fogs for an idea?
Old 03-01-2011, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they look really cool in orange, to match the running lights.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Cue Chaman...
Old 03-01-2011, 07:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't do it as they dont look so good with factory style headlight bulbs.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I also am wanting to see what this looks like.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

please do not put yellow foglights on it. if you do you might as well go buy yourself a piece of jap-crap while you're at it. just my opinion of course
Old 03-01-2011, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is chaman's car and I have no intent of stealing or taking credit for it.
http://avatars.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/s...ine=1260673039
Old 03-01-2011, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
I wouldn't do it as they dont look so good with factory style headlight bulbs.
I have aftermarket parts-store 'Hyper White' 3" fog lights in there now, I will be buying a whole new 3" fog light unit.

Originally Posted by FordHater
please do not put yellow foglights on it. if you do you might as well go buy yourself a piece of jap-crap while you're at it. just my opinion of course
Yellow fogs actually have much better visibility in rain, fog, and snow than do white bulbs due to less glare. I have rode in a friend's car that had factory yellow fogs in the rain and it was MUCH easier to see the road, as it lights the road surface better as opposed to white lights which just reflect off the wet road. Some foreign cars come factory with yellow fogs, a friend of mine's old 90's Lexus had them, my dad's old Volvo had them, a lot of LeMans and other racing series cars have them due to reduced glare also.

Plus I think that yellow headlights in a street car would and are ricey, but white headlights with yellow fogs for functionality, I do not think is ricey. Especially when NOTHING else about the car is ricey at all.

Last edited by kgkern01; 03-01-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

hmm.. yea i suppose you're right. although generally even if I even see yellow foglights I think tuner right away. I honestly can't stand them. But hey, there's thousands of cars running them so if you don't personally mind the look of them, then go for it man!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Old 03-02-2011, 01:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

mine...except they're hid
Attached Thumbnails Yellow Fog Lights on a TA?-img_0059.jpg  
Old 03-02-2011, 11:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry, but when I see them, I think Lexus which don't get me wrong is made my Toyota and is a Japanese company but the difference for me is the masses aren't trying to go all body kit, hellaflush, or trying to stretch the tires just to fit on a lil wider wheel.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:18 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GSus
mine...except they're hid
Do you have any non-head on shots, maybe from an angle so it isn't glaring in the camera? Also, are these HID in a stock housing, or aftermarket housing?
Old 03-02-2011, 01:10 PM
TECH Addict

I personally like the look....kind of haha I'm going to give them a shot in my car, but I will be doing HIDs

I'm doing 3 or 4" round fog lights w/3000k HIDs and then my headlights will have 5000k HIDs installed in them. I guess I'll see how I like the setup mid summer or so when I order everything to do it
Old 03-02-2011, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kgkern01
Do you have any non-head on shots, maybe from an angle so it isn't glaring in the camera? Also, are these HID in a stock housing, or aftermarket housing?
These are in the stock housings. I thought I had some angle shots, but can't seem to find them. My car's in the shop getting the new clutch installed. When I get it back, I'll take more.

In all honesty, looking at the light either head on, or from the side...it doesn't really look too yellow. Instead, it looks like a super bright stock light. Now, the light that"s projected on the ground, that's when the yellow really starts showing...with slight hints of green and blue.

I really like them, and have received several compliments. My only complaint is, my drivers side light has started intermmitantly strobing. I don't know if the ballast is going out, or maybe a wire's come loose or what. But I got them from DDM tuning, so I'm screwed. I've heard a lot of folks have been having some customer service issues with them here lately.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GSus
My only complaint is, my drivers side light has started intermmitantly strobing. I don't know if the ballast is going out, or maybe a wire's come loose or what.
If it's flickering or pulsing in a steady pattern then there is something wrong with the actual bulb itself, not the ballast or wiring. Have had that issue a few times as well.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

The appearence aside , Ive ran 3K HID fogs in my last few cars and wil never have anything else . The combo of 4300K HID and 3K yellow fog lights are unbeatable in the rain , fog and snow. Fuction over form here definately.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^thats my goal. Pics of both?

I guess I'll be ordering new bulbs
Old 03-02-2011, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kgkern01
I have aftermarket parts-store 'Hyper White' 3" fog lights in there now, I will be buying a whole new 3" fog light unit.

Yellow fogs actually have much better visibility in rain, fog, and snow than do white bulbs due to less glare. I have rode in a friend's car that had factory yellow fogs in the rain and it was MUCH easier to see the road, as it lights the road surface better as opposed to white lights which just reflect off the wet road. Some foreign cars come factory with yellow fogs, a friend of mine's old 90's Lexus had them, my dad's old Volvo had them, a lot of LeMans and other racing series cars have them due to reduced glare also.

Plus I think that yellow headlights in a street car would and are ricey, but white headlights with yellow fogs for functionality, I do not think is ricey. Especially when NOTHING else about the car is ricey at all.
+1
Old 03-06-2011, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's a front angle pic...during the day. The bulbs were only about 15 seconds into being warmed up.
Attached Thumbnails Yellow Fog Lights on a TA?-img_0190_1.jpg  

Quick Reply: Yellow Fog Lights on a TA?