Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Working on the Camaro tonight and noticed someone hit my Camaro...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Working on the Camaro tonight and noticed someone hit my Camaro...

Got some new parts for the Camaro and had the day off work, started working on the Camaro when I noticed my front bumper had scuff marks all over the front of it from someone backing up into it or the landscapers hitting the car with the snow shovels when plowing.

The car hasnt moved from my parking spot in my condo complex since painted so theres no way I did it. Then I look at the rear bumper and there are scratch marks on the back which makes it have to be from a shovel since the car is always backed up to the parking spot/curb.

Im getting the car repainted again this spring because of a couple defects I found but still pisses me off. Sorry just had to vent, I feel like strangling those landscapers if I see them out here again.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:44 PM
TECH Addict

Ahh that sucks my friends both got hit last week and didt see who did it. Anymore it seems like no one takes responsibility like that, but with all the people that milk that **** or end up sueing.. Some lady hit me backing up and I had my horn for 3 seconds and that's a damn long time. The panel just flexed and there were no problems so i got lucky and waved her off but ****..some people don't know how to back up or something.. Sorry bout your car man.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to get new headlights cause when i was renting some jackass backed into my passenger side fender right at the light with his new jeep. It was just tall enough and had those plastic end caps that it didnt leave marks but tweaked everything enough to bust the headlight mounts and let it all pull back.

Thats how i knew it was him cause he just got it and it was the 4 door one, brand new just the right height and his brand new bumper now had a plastic end cap pushed in that wasnt that way the day before when i parked the car.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by usaf_hess
I have to get new headlights cause when i was renting some jackass backed into my passenger side fender right at the light with his new jeep. It was just tall enough and had those plastic end caps that it didnt leave marks but tweaked everything enough to bust the headlight mounts and let it all pull back.

Thats how i knew it was him cause he just got it and it was the 4 door one, brand new just the right height and his brand new bumper now had a plastic end cap pushed in that wasnt that way the day before when i parked the car.
Same thing happened to me when I bought my car a few years ago. Some idiot backed up into my headlight and messed it up the same way they did yours.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

They ever fess up cause i left several notes on the fellas window of his jeep cause i didnt know which unit he lived in and he never got back to me, i know they didnt blow off cause they were under his wiper and some i even stabbed inbetween his driver window and the seal for it so you had to pull it out.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Black94Z28
Got some new parts for the Camaro and had the day off work, started working on the Camaro when I noticed my front bumper had scuff marks all over the front of it from someone backing up into it or the landscapers hitting the car with the snow shovels when plowing.

The car hasnt moved from my parking spot in my condo complex since painted so theres no way I did it. Then I look at the rear bumper and there are scratch marks on the back which makes it have to be from a shovel since the car is always backed up to the parking spot/curb.

Im getting the car repainted again this spring because of a couple defects I found but still pisses me off. Sorry just had to vent, I feel like strangling those landscapers if I see them out here again.

The shop that did the work covering it or you having to pay? I had a nissan that i got repainted and they over buffed the paint and put burn markes all over it with the buffer where you could see swirles in it and they guy wouldnt cover it.

I got the paint job cheap but still i paid him for a job that he didnt do right and then wouldnt cover it didnt really lose sleep over it cause i was getting rid of the car but you get what you pay for i spose haha.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I never confronted them because I knew they would just deny that they did it, plus they moved away soon after.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Staging Lane

doesnt matter if you are getting it painted anyways... take a shovel to the landscapers personal vehicle not the work truck and tell him to call it squaresies.... i did everything i could to prevent that from happening to me. i parked away from any vehicle anywheres i went and parked my car in my garage at all times but i still got the wonderful scuff mark and dent in the rear quarter panel... wasnt from torque either because i always checked that the day after the track. nothing is more irratating than somebody messing up your toy when you take pride in keeping it nice... i feel for you on this one
Old 03-02-2011, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by usaf_hess
The shop that did the work covering it or you having to pay? I had a nissan that i got repainted and they over buffed the paint and put burn markes all over it with the buffer where you could see swirles in it and they guy wouldnt cover it.

I got the paint job cheap but still i paid him for a job that he didnt do right and then wouldnt cover it didnt really lose sleep over it cause i was getting rid of the car but you get what you pay for i spose haha.
Nah, me and my buddy sprayed it, it looks ok for most people but Im still not happy with it. But at the time, I was just anxious to get the LS1 front clip in one color.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

HAHA fair enough.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by motooleLS1
doesnt matter if you are getting it painted anyways... take a shovel to the landscapers personal vehicle not the work truck and tell him to call it squaresies.... i did everything i could to prevent that from happening to me. i parked away from any vehicle anywheres i went and parked my car in my garage at all times but i still got the wonderful scuff mark and dent in the rear quarter panel... wasnt from torque either because i always checked that the day after the track. nothing is more irratating than somebody messing up your toy when you take pride in keeping it nice... i feel for you on this one
Yeah, I would if I knew where their cars are. Just a bunch of illegals that are subcontracted to clean the snow.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:55 AM
11 Second Club

Sorry to hear about that man. People just don't give a **** anymore. I walked outside yesterday at about 10AM, and a Keyspan worker was out front. He blocked my driveway with a construction sign, blocked my neighbors driveway with his truck (and my neighbor had to leave for work) AND he was CUTTING into the street, not even a foot in front of my 07 Impala. I gotta go check it now actually.

Quick Reply: Working on the Camaro tonight and noticed someone hit my Camaro...