Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Weird audio problem...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 11:59 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird audio problem...

To my understanding, in my TA, my head unit is supposed to be powering the 4 tweeters in my car, and the amp powers everything else. Well today I had my radio playing and I unplugged the amp. The only thing getting power was the passenger side trunk tweeter. I'm not going to pretend I know how my wiring is set up because the guy that owned the car before me had an entire system installed.

Could it be a wiring issue or something? The two door component sets are only a couple of years old, and are a good brand, so the chance of BOTH tweeters going out is kind of crazy.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had an issue in my old camaro... its one of three things ... the head unit could have shorted and is not powering the tweeters or the wires are messed up or the tweeters are blown.... On most aftermarket wiring they run the wires right along the trim on the bottom of the door
Old 03-04-2011, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it have a Bose system from the factory ?
Old 03-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalCal
Does it have a Bose system from the factory ?
Firebirds were never equipped with Bose systems and Camaros only had them in the mid-90s. Monsoon was the premium audio system in all LS1 f-bodies. You might want to read the Monsoon FAQ sticky at the top of the section for more information.