Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

6LE's 2 gauge ac vent insert, need help!

Old 03-02-2011, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 6LE's 2 gauge ac vent insert, need help!

I'm hoping 6LE himself will come in and help with this but I bought it from him about a week ago. I just got my car out tonight to install it and ran into what I think is a problem.

The 2 factory vents are not removeable from the factory bezel! And even if they were, I seill don't understand how you can get this thing mounted straight. They are no peices on the outside corners of either vent to mount to. I went to his website and looked, but all it says is can be mounted with double sided tape. So, has anyone had this problem yet?? I'm sure there is a solution, but I'm hoping its an easy one.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

UPDATE: I got the vents out, and now the problem is the center piece that seperates the vents is rounded. Do I need to file it flat or what? And the little studs that stick out for the vents to swivel on, what do I do with them? I really wish there was some instructions with this thing to allow for much easier installation. Does look like a nice product though..
Old 03-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry man, here's what you do...

Dremel the piece I sent to fit (or the factory piece if you aren't going back to stock)...

Then glue it in, lol. I use Gorilla Glue (from the back)

If you want to be able to go back to stock, you use a piece of plumbers strap. Stick your gauges in, bolt the plumbers strap to the back of one (they should all have studs and nuts for the bracket they come with) stick the hole piece on, wrap the plumbers strap around the plastic divider and then bolt on to the other gauge (the plumbers strap will now hold it all snug in place)...
Old 03-02-2011, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, I guess I'll just file the factory piece. This may be a dumb question though, but what exactly do you glue the sides too? I'm talking about your piece, what keeps both sides from being floppy other than glue, if anything??
Old 03-03-2011, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^ Still curious about the sides..
Old 03-04-2011, 02:42 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Line the edge of the piece with Gorilla Glue and push it into place. Gorilla Glue expands (so wipe off excess) and fills the gap bonding the two...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6LE's 2 gauge ac vent insert, need help!