Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

What do you guys use to clean your chrome rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you guys use to clean your chrome rims

I got me a set of chrome tt ms and now i wanna know whats the best way to take care of them. I heard that car washes will hurt the chrome bc the soap has some acidic chemicals in it, is this true? I just wanna keep these bad boys in top notch condition! I know there are a lot of polishes out there what do yall prefer and what do yall do when you dnt want to do the whole shebang everytime when they get a little dirt on em. Thanks
Old 03-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Turtle wax makes a nice chrome polish, i cant think of the name. I use it when i detail the car but because im a dd everytime i wash it i use window cleaner. As long as thiers no brake dust it works perfect. And idk about the soap thing, i never put a mitt to the chrome when cleaning mine i just rinse it, i never really put soap on it but im sure has got some on it and my rims look brand new
Old 03-05-2011, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

i usually wiped mine down with a damp towel to remove any brake dust. But I highly recommend a polish called BLUE MAGIC METAL POLISH CREAM!!
I have used it on a variety of metals and they all came out perfect shined like a mirror.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use mothers chrome polish it comes in a tin can and it's like a paste lol keeps the shine real well