Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help identifying proper name

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help identifying proper name

I just bought my T/A and it has a small issue, where the air filter is at, is broken. It is, from what I've gathered is the entire radiator cover, ill attempt to upload pics of it, and one clip is missing. Could I pick up/ order these parts at a dealership still? Or would I be best off to look for someone parting a car out..thanks in advance guys.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are correct. The part you seem to be describing is a combination of the lower portion of the Air Box (which houses the air filter) and the Upper Radiator Support.

Its been more than couple years ago, but I purchased one through my local dealership without a problem.

If your Trans Am is a WS6 Car or equipped with a Ram Air Style Hood, be sure to order the proper Upper Radiator Support. The WS6 Style Supports have larger opening for the Air Box Inlet.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:26 AM
11 Second Club

it's called a doohickey.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mumbles
You are correct. The part you seem to be describing is a combination of the lower portion of the Air Box (which houses the air filter) and the Upper Radiator Support.

Its been more than couple years ago, but I purchased one through my local dealership without a problem.

If your Trans Am is a WS6 Car or equipped with a Ram Air Style Hood, be sure to order the proper Upper Radiator Support. The WS6 Style Supports have larger opening for the Air Box Inlet.
Could you not just order the same one for the ram air cars on a non ram air car and it work the same? IDK just asking.

Good luck trying to find a used one that hasn't been cut for the free ram air mod, lol. Junkyards should have a ton of these.