Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anything I missed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anything I missed?

The door locks(driver and passenger) are not working on my 99' trans am. Nothing works, no locking, unlocking, or the key fob. I can set the alarm and flash the lights just fine. The interior lights work fine, the radio works fine....no cutting in and out, But just to be sure I re-soldered the BCM connections. Clicking is coming from BCM when trying to lock the doors with the door switches but locks do nothing. With the key in the ignition it will bing 3 times so it knows when the key is in and not in.

Both doors are apart and I am ready to start using my multi-meter to test the plugs for the lock actuators. Can anyone tell me what I should look for? Also, could I pull out the actuators and use the meter to test those?(even though I doubt both sides would go bad)

Thanks for any help!

PS....I have been using ls1tech for years fixing my f-bodys and have always been able to find my answers searching the thousands of posts but this is the first time I am stuck!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Look at the sticky in the Electrical section. At the bottom of the FAQ list, there are two threads on this.