LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

P1657, I'm stumped

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default P1657, I'm stumped

A little background first. I dropped a complete LE2 H/C/I longblock into my 97 T/A (all mods in sig). The old engine had no issues whatsoever. I used the wiring harness from the old engine, and the PCM was flashed by PCM For Less. It is a core exchange PCM, so I did not send it to them first. CAGS was supposedly disabled by Bryan.

After fixing all the little issues that have popped up, I'm left with this last code: P1657 (1-4 Upshift Solenoid Control Circuit). I know what it means, but I can't figure out why it's there. Keep in mind, I do not have a CAGS solenoid at all. But I do have the 2.2K ohm resistor in the harness to simulate the solenoid. Also, this is an auto tranny harness, which I rewired for the T56.

I've pretty much checked the entire circuit. I tried replacing the resistor, ensured 12v switched source voltage, and checked the PCM signal wire (ground) continuity. I don't know what else it could be. Any insight on this?
Old 03-06-2011, 04:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You sure he removed it? seems like he didnt I had that code on my old 94 bird cause I just disconnected the damn thing, but it didnt set a CEL. Do you still have the sensor in the trans? maybe hook it back up and see what happens

Quick Reply: P1657, I'm stumped