Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Give me feedback. Would you like to see a new 6.5" D4 sub made?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Give me feedback. Would you like to see a new 6.5" D4 sub made?

I just got off the phone with one of my suppliers and was asking them if they would be interested in building a nice 6.5 inch D4 sub for me exclusively for me to offer here for all you guys.

These will be built to my specs I give them.

I have no clue right now on pricing but need to generate some kind of idea of how many would be interested in me getting this done

We would be ordering 50 sets of these on the first initial build and order.

These would be higher quality than anything available right now thats on the market. Target price point for me is to keep these less than 100.00

Ok let me know your thoughts and feedback

Thanks
Dennis
Old 03-07-2011, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would say they'd have to perform as good or better then the subs that are out there. The bazooka's are a great bang for the buck for a stock system. Make a sub thats better and cheaper and you will have a great product. Id get a bigger amp to run these lol.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:26 AM

well
looks like we are putting plans into works for 150 sets of speakers

so stay tuned for details.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

good stuff
Old 03-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by headed-ws6
I would say they'd have to perform as good or better then the subs that are out there. The bazooka's are a great bang for the buck for a stock system. Make a sub thats better and cheaper and you will have a great product. Id get a bigger amp to run these lol.
+1 My Bazooka's are great and entirely adequate. With a stock system, I'm not sure how one could prove that another speaker was any better.

To be attractive to stock system owners, I'd say the price point must be at $100 or below.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:49 PM
TECH Regular

Anyone tried those tang band 6.5 subs? I know there more for home audio vs car audio but the specs are nice. Not to mention a 12mm x-max IIRC.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

These are what i use. http://www.lanzar.com/manuals/VW64-154.pdf

Specifically the VW64.

So what are we talking about in relation to some actual specs. "Better than stock" doesn't mean much to me since i've never heard the stock system and even if i did it would be 10+ years old.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:07 AM

We are having T3 Audio make these for us

http://t3audio.com/
Old 03-10-2011, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

my guess is that if you want to gauge interest, you should probably make some of those specs you are giving them known. Basically, what impedance is it? Wattage? freq range. and maybe SNR.

If it's something similar to their T.200 8.25" then it looks like it could be pretty decent. My 6.5" from lanzar doesn't seem to handle the wattage that it's rated for across it's freq range. I think the speaker fully extends at a fairly low wattage at some frequencies. I get a pop sound on some bass hits and others sound perfect. But i have the gain turned all the way down which i shouldn't have to do if they were actually rated correctly. So long story, i'm in the market for something better.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by safemode
my guess is that if you want to gauge interest, you should probably make some of those specs you are giving them known. Basically, what impedance is it? Wattage? freq range. and maybe SNR.

If it's something similar to their T.200 8.25" then it looks like it could be pretty decent. My 6.5" from lanzar doesn't seem to handle the wattage that it's rated for across it's freq range. I think the speaker fully extends at a fairly low wattage at some frequencies. I get a pop sound on some bass hits and others sound perfect. But i have the gain turned all the way down which i shouldn't have to do if they were actually rated correctly. So long story, i'm in the market for something better.
we will shortly

we are going to make these but will also be using them for more than one application to justify the reason to have a new product built.
I will be offering side compartment enclosures for the C5 that we are going to try and built to include these subs as well.
We are also coming out with a C6 Corvette partition box and convertible box that we will look include these subs in too.
The more options we have to sell means I can order more in return drives cost down for me which means less for everyone else as well.

the t200 are made in China and are ok but not the best

T3 now has a new facility here in the US and these new speakers we are going to desing and build will be made in the US as well

We are just limiting the info we are giving out as in the past I have had other companies copy our products have we designed and put into production. So hope you can understand why the info is limited at this point.

The boxes we offer are all from Atrend. We are 2 hours form Atrend and work with them to build our exclusive DD Mods products. We always bring in a car to the facility to build prototype boxes from scratch. The side compartment boxes is something for you guys we are planning on coming out with as well
Just was looking to see what kind of feedback this would generate.

I appreciate your input as I do take into consideration everything when we are making something people such as yourself request and will use on a daily basis. I have a bunch of ideas as we grow but it just takes some time and I am very amazed hwo well you all have responded to me being a new vendor here on LS1TECH. The orders for DD bezels in the last week or so is maxing us out in production to get everything done. We thank eveyrone who has ordered already and looking forward to working with them and everyone else in the future

Dennis
Old 03-10-2011, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im going to make a box for my elky. 1 sub and 2 6x9s or 4 6x9s. Not looking for super loud just able to hear over the exhaust at cruise speed. If this sub turns out nice I may be in the market.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

I'm not interested much in a box. I mount the subs in the sail panel of my camaro. I'm currently very interested in getting a replacement sub setup since the ones i have in there now only go down to 80hz and can't get loud enough. They say they are 600watt max but they can't even take decent volume from a 500watt max channel without turning the sub level all the way down without popping.

My speakers drown them out. So i'm looking for something my speakers wont drown out. Also I'm looking for 4" speakers to mount in the rear hatch that can take high volume and not break. I am willing to mount up 4 4" in the rear to divide the wattage without sacrificing much of the loudness. But just 2 would be preferrable as I want to mount a fan in the passenger side hatch grill area to circulate air around the rear amp.

But anyway, i can play with 4" speakers later, finding a decent 6.5" sub is very hard.