Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

speed shop

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default speed shop

Thinking of starting a speed @ fab shop In the Gainesville area . Think it will work? One that will not rape u on labor >>>>>>
Old 03-07-2011, 10:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a lot of fun, I love what I do. Better get ready for one hell of an investment though!
We all start out with good intentions...to work on cars, provide great service at cheap *** prices, but sooner or later reality hits and all of a sudden the business end of things causes you to tighten the reins!

I say go for it but don't be a hero. Charge for your time and if you do good work, people will come.

Erik@Lashway
Old 03-08-2011, 09:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chris'stransam
Thinking of starting a speed @ fab shop In the Gainesville area . Think it will work? One that will not rape u on labor >>>>>>
Even if you charge $85 per hr. you will still be hard pressed to make it. Most people don't understand how much business really costs.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Erik@Lashway
It's a lot of fun, I love what I do. Better get ready for one hell of an investment though!
We all start out with good intentions...to work on cars, provide great service at cheap *** prices, but sooner or later reality hits and all of a sudden the business end of things causes you to tighten the reins!

I say go for it but don't be a hero. Charge for your time and if you do good work, people will come.

Erik@Lashway

could not have said it any better
Old 03-09-2011, 07:15 PM
7 Second Club

As mentioned above, it'll require a good investment, as well as the knowledge and connections to get parts and finish work at a decent pace. Gainesville/Ocala are a smaller town set-up compared to Orlando, Jax, Tampa, etc. that have multiple shops.
Any particular reason to start one in Gainesville? There's already a great speed shop here as well as a killer chassis/fab shop in Ocala.

Derek
Old 03-09-2011, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

There is only 1 lsx speedshop in Orlando to my knowing. And I choose not to use them. I miss mike ;(
Old 03-09-2011, 08:20 PM
7 Second Club

Wow, surprising. But I'm sure they have more domestic performance shops than Gainesville.....

Quick Reply: speed shop