Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Where to get colored washers and bolts for engine bay?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where to get colored washers and bolts for engine bay?

I wanted to know if any of you had a source for colored or anodized washers and bolts that we could use as replacement for the stock ones in our engine bay? I'm trying to dress up my engine this year and want to replace the stock bolts that hold down the upper radiator support, ground wires, etc in the engine bay. I PM'd Steve, but he must not like me!

Anyone know?
Old 02-16-2004, 09:46 AM
Third Chrome Wheel Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Constrictor, Steve is probably putting the puzzle that is his car together, or something like that, hince why the e-mail goes unresponded too at the moment.....

the source is Hillco in Cali,the web page is www.hillco.com ,...
Old 02-16-2004, 10:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep Steve is moving his car today from the body shop to Don Lee Auto for the motor/tranny install.

And Hillco is the place. But you will need to let them know the sizes you need. They do not have a 'kit' for our cars. Also ask them for the AN washers that fit the appearance washers tight. Otherwise you'll probably get the washers that match bolts. The problem is the ones for the bolts leave a little bit of space between them and the appearance washer.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the information, but that website is not helpful at all. Do I just need to email them and ask for colored washers and nuts? Other than calling them 10mm bolts, what do I ask for? Sorry for sounding so stupid, but I didnt know there was a science to ordering washers and nuts?
Old 02-16-2004, 11:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually the 10mm bolt in our cars (10mm head) is actually a 6mm bolt.. go figure

If you just need the washers then call them up and order one in each size for the particular color you want (as I remember: blue, red, gold, silver, purple, green, black)

Then use those to determine what ones you need and in what quantity.. You should be able to find the stainless bolts and washers locally.

Yep, been swamped here getting ready to move the car today.. more Camaro parts in my Subaru than Suabaru parts

Emails will all be responded to tonight.. let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Where to get colored washers and bolts for engine bay?