Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

dot com... AN FITTING DIRECT ????

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 05:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dot com... AN FITTING DIRECT ????

any one use them? they say that their lines are chemically the same as TEFLON lines

the lines and fittings look good and cheap...... almost too cheap...

i know i will get the you get what you pay for from some people
but there are also places that make to much of our hard earned cash because they dont have " the name brand" competition...

input please!!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 01:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure what "chemically the same" means. Either they are Teflon or they are not.

Their rating is not as high as other teflon lines so it may be thinner or weaker.
The hose I use is rated for approx 3000psi, so I would assume there is a significant difference somewhere.

I can tell you that the correct PTFE (teflon) hose for fuel is not white, it is carbon impregnated black. The conductive black line is the only proper fuel rated hose. Use others at your own risk.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance
Not sure what "chemically the same" means. Either they are Teflon or they are not.

Their rating is not as high as other teflon lines so it may be thinner or weaker.
The hose I use is rated for approx 3000psi, so I would assume there is a significant difference somewhere.

I can tell you that the correct PTFE (teflon) hose for fuel is not white, it is carbon impregnated black. The conductive black line is the only proper fuel rated hose. Use others at your own risk.
Teflon is a trademarked/restricted name for PTFE...by them saying it is chemically the same, they are saying that it is the same material, but since it didn't come from DuPont, it can't be called Teflon.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:53 PM
On The Tree

Interested too, nearly half the price of what I put together at Summit, only downside is their selection of adapters isn't all there. Plus it says "These Aluminum Fittings are specially designed to work with our Braided Stainless Steel Lines." If this stuff isn't the best, it sounds like the entire system is gone, no re-usable components with other lines. Nor would any other AN fitting work with this tubing. Maybe it will, but doesn't sound promising.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:20 AM
11 Second Club

MEENTSS02 hit it on the head the tread mark thing can be a pain sometimes.. specially when that name is the common name used..

thanks for the input guys... same feeling i had but its sometimes the ones you never heard of that others swear by...

anyone else?
Old 03-09-2011, 05:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance

What he said! I bought a couple 1 foot samples from them, and you can definately tell why they're cheaper. One more thing to think about......do NOT mix hose and fittings between manufactures. If you use Summit hose, use their fittings; Earl's hose, Earl's fittings; etc.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:56 AM
11 Second Club

so you wouldnt use it? it would just be used in a mild single turbo build but that is the 1st i have heard of some one using them..

more details if you dont mind....
thanks
Old 03-09-2011, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by yelo04goat
so you wouldnt use it? it would just be used in a mild single turbo build but that is the 1st i have heard of some one using them..

more details if you dont mind....
thanks

No, I will not be using it on my build. Doesn't matter, mild or wild, fuel lines are not something you want to cheap out on.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:58 AM
11 Second Club

thanks for the info....
looking at all the other options...
Old 03-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Launching!

I am using the fittings on some other sourced ptfe lines with graphite in them. Have not assembled yet, I'll report back with findings when done.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Staging Lane

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AER-FCC0620/?rtype=10
This is the line i bought since its not black it isnt rated for fuel?

I can tell you that the correct PTFE (teflon) hose for fuel is not white, it is carbon impregnated black. The conductive black line is the only proper fuel rated hose. Use others at your own risk.[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: dot com... AN FITTING DIRECT ????