Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Sebring 12 hour march 16-19th...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 10:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Sebring 12 hour march 16-19th...

Anyone going? Not sure if anyone in here is even into racetrack outtings but, hey, figured i'd try.

We'll be there I think for almost everyday...somewhere on the front straightaway with an enclosed car trailer. Hoping to have my vette there as well. We'll see. Either way,..if you see the white vette loping around the pits,...HOLLA!!!!! We'll cruise around from the trailer to the corvette corral.

We'll have a beer and a shot(no homsexual innuendo's)(lmao).
Old 03-08-2011, 10:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

http://www.sebringraceway.com/
Old 03-09-2011, 07:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'll be there, probably swing by a few times during the week to watch qualifying but will stay all day on Saturday. I'm an hr from the track. I went down for Winter Testing last month, it looks like its going to be a HUGE field this year, especially now that Sebring is added to the International LeMans Series.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Awesome, very cool man. I'm really looking forward to it this year since we missed last year. Anything that you see catch your eye in practice?
Old 03-09-2011, 01:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Awesome, very cool man. I'm really looking forward to it this year since we missed last year. Anything that you see catch your eye in practice?
Yes! a new Lambo that is running the GT class was pretty wild, and Rizi Comp and Scott Sharpes team switched to 458 italias that sound absolutely wicked. Tommy Milner switched to the C6R from the RLR M3, so that will be interesting to see him fill the shoes (or try to) of Johnny O'Connell.

I got to watch the Marquis Jet GT3 RSR catch fire coming into turn 1 on it's first session ever with that team. This is the same team that had the horrific crash at Mosport that actually ended the entire race early because they blew through the barrier.

I was hoping to see the Pugeot team with their new car, but it wasnt there. And I wasnt sure if Audi is bringing the new R18 which is an animal.

Muscle Milk was running their new Aston Martin LMP-1 car that sounded like an F1 car. It looks like they ditched the Porsche RS spyder in favor of Aston Martin.

By the way, are you a vendor there? Any chance you got any extra tickets you want to hook a brother up with? I've been looking around here on craigslist but havent found any decent deals for the supertickets. i'm sure i will the day before though...
Old 03-09-2011, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

JB and I were talking about going but we couldn't get the pimp room. BUT lets plan this in advance for next year!

I'm serious, but only if you can handle it...
Old 03-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Launching!

I used to go every yr. when I lived in S. Fla. I am dreading the TV coverage this yr as it is on ABC the following day. I can watch it on the internet though.
I miss doing track days there badly as well.

Have fun!
Old 03-10-2011, 05:24 PM
TECH Addict

I will be there, friends have a spot near the flagpole. I should be out there Thursday on.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by smbstyle
Yes! a new Lambo that is running the GT class was pretty wild, and Rizi Comp and Scott Sharpes team switched to 458 italias that sound absolutely wicked. Tommy Milner switched to the C6R from the RLR M3, so that will be interesting to see him fill the shoes (or try to) of Johnny O'Connell.

I got to watch the Marquis Jet GT3 RSR catch fire coming into turn 1 on it's first session ever with that team. This is the same team that had the horrific crash at Mosport that actually ended the entire race early because they blew through the barrier.

I was hoping to see the Pugeot team with their new car, but it wasnt there. And I wasnt sure if Audi is bringing the new R18 which is an animal.

Muscle Milk was running their new Aston Martin LMP-1 car that sounded like an F1 car. It looks like they ditched the Porsche RS spyder in favor of Aston Martin.

By the way, are you a vendor there? Any chance you got any extra tickets you want to hook a brother up with? I've been looking around here on craigslist but havent found any decent deals for the supertickets. i'm sure i will the day before though...
Awesome man, very cool, i'm getting AMP'd for this!!!

I'm not a vendor brotha,..we did some kind of a deal where we bought the trailer pass,..and two tickets. It's cheaper this year then previous years I believe. If I had another ticket,..i'd give one to everyone man. Just load up and head out,..someone there is gonna be scalping.

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
JB and I were talking about going but we couldn't get the pimp room. BUT lets plan this in advance for next year!

I'm serious, but only if you can handle it...
I'm serious. lol,.are you sure you wanna hang with this crew? (we like women)

Originally Posted by apexman
I used to go every yr. when I lived in S. Fla. I am dreading the TV coverage this yr as it is on ABC the following day. I can watch it on the internet though.

Have fun!
That sucks but,...hell yeah, the internet coverage should be great..especially with multiple in car shots.

Originally Posted by CGMLS3
I will be there, friends have a spot near the flagpole. I should be out there Thursday on.

Nice!!! Usually partyish scene around the flagpole at night right? If I remember,..a lot of partying going on in that area. We plan on being excessivly banged up @ night time.

Bad news is,..I don't have a way to bring the vette,..as our incar trailer will be loaded with scaffold rigging.

We'll be on the front straight,...NON PADDOCK side,..facing pits,..white chevy truck(probably the duelly)...white trailer with a corvette punisher sticker or two. Stop by,..have a shot.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:02 PM
TECH Addict

Yes, the flagpole is near an entrance to the Zoo. Lots of partying and usually a crappy band trying to sound like Nickelback.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CGMLS3
Yes, the flagpole is near an entrance to the Zoo. Lots of partying and usually a crappy band trying to sound like Nickelback.

lol,..sweet. I'm sure as hammered as I plan on being at that time....it'll sound like Nickelback.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:00 AM
On The Tree

Just bought a ticket on craigslist. a Fangio Terrace pass (overlooking the pits on the front straight) and a parking pass, worth $225 face value, got it for $75 bucks!
Old 03-17-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

awesome...then look acrossfrom the very first pit box....you'll see the scaffolding about 4 stories high with Cadillac and chevorlet racing flags on it. that's our spot!!!!

good find on the ticket.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by apexman

Have fun!
i think it would be streaming on espn 3 or something on xbox live.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

had a blast....saw only 1 CTS-V drive by,...09+, black with a small spoiler.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

Cell service sucked and there was no free WiFi as advertised, so I didn't see where you were. Fun weekend as always.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sucks. I had pretty good service. We were directly in front of the party zone,....we were the second trailer from the cross walk,...directly across from the first pit box.

We had a blast. Laughed our asses off,.. ended up being 1 trailer away from the grid girls, one of which won the bikini contest. We had a fun time man. We beat ourselves up pretty good. Next time, we're binging one of the cars again. It's a must.

Next time....