Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

engine bay paint

Old 03-09-2011, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default engine bay paint

So as I was building my intercooler mount I noticed my engine bay looks disgusting and I was just going to clean it but with parts on backorder I might as well go ahead and shave and paint it
Now I'm not looking for a show car engine bay just something that looks clean and I'm trying to figure out what I should use to paint it
As of now I'm thinking a satin black but what paint will hold up heat/minor abuse form tools and etc
I'm also considering truck bedliner spray as its durable and could look pretty neat as well but I've never used it before and don't know if its too rough and would scrape up my hands when working on the car
Let me now what u guys think
Thanks
Old 03-09-2011, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm working on my engine bay right now. I filled in whatever holes weren't being used and have started scuffing the current paint. I might hit it with a little primer on some of the spots were bare metal is showing then I'm going to paint it and clear it. I'm going to pick up some paint from the local auto paint supplies store and I have a couple of cheap Harbor Freight guns I picked up for like $60 a little while back. They work pretty good for what they cost.

My motor is out of my car right now so it makes things a lot easier.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My motor is out right now too
I'm really not looking for anything spectacular just something that's clean and I do not want gloss lol
My main reason for doing it is because my bay is pretty beat up from having the motor in and out a few times and I need something durable for when it goes in/out a few more times
(Going to see how far I can push this lil 4.8)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: engine bay paint