Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sequential Turn Signal

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 02:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow Sequential Turn Signal

Does anyone have this, I think it is kind of cool. I remember some older Mopar's or Chrysler's having this type of turn signal.

http://www.ledss.com/blinkfirebirdinfo.htm

Let me know your opinions.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks pretty cool , although I wouldn't really want my brake lights to be sequential. Down here there a soooo many complete idiots driving around that they'd probably get confused and ram you
Old 02-16-2004, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive seen them on ebay also
Old 02-16-2004, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

I have them on my TA - they are awesome! Of course, if you really want them to look right, you have to modify the outer bulb on each taillight to change it over to the blinker style bulb. This entails using a dremel to cut out the socket opening in the taillight housing to fit the new larger socket/bulb.

You will also have to buy a HD Electronic Flasher in order to make all (3) bulbs on each side flash correctly.

-Jay-
Old 02-16-2004, 09:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1QUIKWS6
I have them on my TA - they are awesome! Of course, if you really want them to look right, you have to modify the outer bulb on each taillight to change it over to the blinker style bulb. This entails using a dremel to cut out the socket opening in the taillight housing to fit the new larger socket/bulb.

You will also have to buy a HD Electronic Flasher in order to make all (3) bulbs on each side flash correctly.

-Jay-
where can i get a new flasher at?
Old 02-16-2004, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had these on my car for a while and although I did like them, I had a problem with my brake lights not working. I dont know if its related because the brake lights stopped working about 3 months after installing them, but it bothered me nevertheless, so I took them out.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:16 AM
TECH Addict

Should be able to get them at any Auto Parts store - I got mine at Advanced Auto. You need to get the HD Electronic Flasher. The problem is the original flasher uses a bi-metallic strip that once heated by the amperage draw of the lights, it breaks contact for a second, then relatches - hence the flashing effect.

Now that you have added (2) more lights to the system the strip heats up all that much faster and the new outer bulbs that you installed only flash for a brief millisecond - which doesn't give the desired sequential look. The electronic flasher uses circiutry to make & break the contact and is rated for a heavier amperage draw in order to control more lights. With this relay the lights sequence perfectly!

Of course, if you go the easy route and don't install the optional outside blinking bulb/socket on each side, and only go with the existing (2) bulbs on each side - you won't need the HD Flasher. IMO it's a waste of time doing this mod if you don't add the extra bulbs as two lights flashing on each side has no where near the desired effect.

I never had any problems with my brake lights...

-Jay-
Old 02-17-2004, 07:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That's my 98 Formula in the animation on that page. I loved em and never had a problem with them and will probably do them again on my WS6.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

picking up mine from the post office today after work... THey are only sequential with the signals, and flashers,... right?
Old 02-17-2004, 08:18 AM
TECH Addict

Also, every time you hit the brakes - they sequence out quickly and stay on
Old 02-17-2004, 08:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think its possible to have them only be on the turn signals and not the brakes. The reason I say this is because the brakes are activated off the same wire as the left turn signal.

And I wanted to be clear, Im not blaming the sequential tailights on my brake light problem, Im just merely stating that it happened and I dont know what caused it.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

One more thing... what the hell? I bought a kit for the taillights, and you guys are saying im going to have to buy more stuff to get them to work right?

Quick Reply: Sequential Turn Signal