Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lunati and Hypertech working together?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Lunati and Hypertech working together?

I read on the Holley/Lunati web site that Hypertech is supposed to be offering a matched fuel and spark curve program for Lunati LS1 cams. I also saw a Lunati add in Chevy High performance stating the same thing
I called Lunati and Hypertech and no one semed to know anything about it. I finally got in touch with someone speaking for Kirk Millner (sp?) at Lunati. and he said that it has not been implimented yet, but that it is coming.

Anyone hear heard anything about this!?!
Old 02-16-2004, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how could one make a program if they don't know the intake/exhaust geometry as well? At best it would be a guestimation based on a "STAGE" bolt on buildup, but the dynamics of the motor change with just about everything you put on.

Maybe they should make a bunch of (edit,hptuners/etc) files for their cams for a baseline and give them to the masses. That would make more sense.

Don't see how folks go bout building high hp monsters then just slap a generic program on without both ROAD and Dyno wideband tuning?? Seems just wrong. Maybe i'm not used to the ls1 world but where i tune, its just common sense.

either spec out all the parts, or custom tune (road & dyno) or you're gonna burn something up.

playing with alot of $$ motors imo to double guess your tune.
Old 02-16-2004, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know, but the add says custom curves for each specific cam. Now I am sure this is on a mildy modified cars with bolt-ons. Anything more would be difficult as you said.
We will see!