Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Harwood SS Hood

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Question Harwood SS Hood

Does anyone have this hood? I am curious about the fitment and quality. I would love to see some pics other than whats on Summit's and Harwood's site. Does it look like an OEM SS hood on the underside, and most importantly, can it be made functional?
Old 02-16-2004, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You dont hear too much about them, but from memory it seems the few things I have heard have been good things. I considered getting one at one point
Old 02-18-2004, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know about the ss hoods but i bought a ram air for my ta and i was more than pissed when it arrived non functional. I thought it was a RAM AIR hood? it was just the nostrils covered up by fiberglass. Not only that but it didnt even fit right. My body man said it was more trouble than any other hood he has ever painted. He had to grind about 3/4 of an inch off all the way around. WE called harwood and they said this was normal to avoid shipping damage..WTF do you know how hard it is to grind on the thing put it on take it off gind some more until it fits? Its hard to smooth it out nice and even also after you've ground on it forever. Thats what i get for trying to buy the cheapest one should have got one that was close to factory and metal..oh well