Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Will a 05 corvette computer work on a 05-06 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will a 05 corvette computer work on a 05-06 GTO

I just purchased a 05 corvette E40 computer. I was just wondering if it would work on a 05-06 Gto.. Im putting this engine in my 68 camaro but i was going to used it with all the harnesses and gauages and bcm and along with the pedal assembly. So i figured if the 05 corvette computer would would in a 05-06 gto it would work in my car... let me know thanks.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Teching In

Its my understanding that it can't be done, because the GTO has a very weird electrical system that depends on those PCMs specifically designed for it. You say you're going to use the Vette BCM as well as the PCM, so you might be able to do it.

But what does the GTO have to do with your '68? If you're installing the complete PCM/BCM into any non-computer car, you should be able to make it work.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Copperhead
Its my understanding that it can't be done, because the GTO has a very weird electrical system that depends on those PCMs specifically designed for it. You say you're going to use the Vette BCM as well as the PCM, so you might be able to do it.

But what does the GTO have to do with your '68? If you're installing the complete PCM/BCM into any non-computer car, you should be able to make it work.
I need to know if it will work on a gto bc im running the gto gas pedal as well i was thinking bout running the gto gauges in the car as well... so it would be like a gto in a 68 camaro... i would like all the funtions of the gto gauges to work... i have the bcm as well.. if i have the computer tuned wont it end up working ?
Old 03-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Teching In

I don't think the GTO gas pedal is anything special or different from the Vette or any other DBW pedal that GM uses. The throttle body is the same on both the LS2 and LS3, according to the p/n, and that makes me doubt they would have two different pedals with different ratios and different translation in the PCM. I think the only difference is in the actual throttle sensitivity, that is to say, when you push the pedal, how much of a reaction will it give you at the throttle body.

As far as the gauges working, I would say no. The GTO bcm will not talk to the Vette pcm.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't think the GTO gas pedal is anything special or different from the Vette or any other DBW pedal that GM uses. The throttle body is the same on both the LS2 and LS3, according to the p/n, and that makes me doubt they would have two different pedals with different ratios and different translation in the PCM. I think the only difference is in the actual throttle sensitivity, that is to say, when you push the pedal, how much of a reaction will it give you at the throttle body.

As far as the gauges working, I would say no. The GTO bcm will not talk to the Vette pcm.
Yeah, but i wonder if i can have the pcm flashed to think its a gto e40..
Old 03-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Teching In

No. I raised a similar question last year on a different forum. It won't work. There is a code number embedded, similar to the VIN. The bcm looks for that and wont talk if it isn't there.
What I would like to do is just eliminate the entire pcm and go with a standalone system, but then the rest of the car won't work, starting with the stupid anti-theft ignition key.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No. I raised a similar question last year on a different forum. It won't work. There is a code number embedded, similar to the VIN. The bcm looks for that and wont talk if it isn't there.
What I would like to do is just eliminate the entire pcm and go with a standalone system, but then the rest of the car won't work, starting with the stupid anti-theft ignition key.
So, basically use the computer, engine harness and gas pedal... it would be its own system in the engine bay/ then run after market gauges to read watt its doing in the car
Old 03-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Teching In

Thats it. You are basically running the GMPP crate motor electrics that way. I imagine thats probably the controller they use for the crates too. You might want to contact Gene Culley and confirm that with him.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats it. You are basically running the GMPP crate motor electrics that way. I imagine thats probably the controller they use for the crates too. You might want to contact Gene Culley and confirm that with him.
Thanks for the help ... ill run it by him
Old 03-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Teching In

You're welcome.. make sure you post up and let me know what he says.

Quick Reply: Will a 05 corvette computer work on a 05-06 GTO