Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

99 TA Cutch sinking to floor and tough time shifting.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 03:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 TA Cutch sinking to floor and tough time shifting.

I have a 99 Trans Am and for the last 6 months or so my car has given me issues not wanting to shift gears especially when I get on the throttle hard. Its like I have to let off the throttle re press the clutch in and then it will go into the next gear. Now if I am just barely going it has no issues and shifts just fine. Ok thats issue number 1.

Here the last month or so my clutch peddle has just started sinking to the floor on its own and will not come back up unless I manually pull it back up with my foot. It doesn't seem to do it at any particular time, it does it when I'm driving normally, it will just sink. And other times I will go to shift and barely start pressing down and it just boom sinks.

If anyone has any clue on how to fix either of these problems I would be much appreciative.

Other car info - pretty much stock, slp cat back, throttle body modified, maf sensor modified, and slp cold air mods.

Thanks Again
Old 03-12-2011, 03:34 AM

I have actually been reading about the sticky clutch problem, so I can figure that one out myself I think. I just wonder If I fix the clutch issue if the hard shifting problems will go away.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:21 AM
TECH Addict

master cylinder is most common cause of this issue

replace it and bleed bleed bleed bleed bleed