Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&M electronic shift OR B&M transpak

Old 03-12-2011, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default B&M electronic shift OR B&M transpak

Im looking for performance, but if I can save on labor by using the electronic one and get the same performance I would! Anyone know much about electronic shift kits? Thanks.

Cal.

p.s. Oh and the brand doesnt matter to me, The B&M is the ones I came across first.

thanks.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would tell you to get a tune if your thinking about buying the electric shift. If your set on a shift kit use the transgo kit.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

trans go. b&M is crap.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

Ive always had good luck with b&m shiftkits, easy to put in and seem to shift like an sob. the one transgo i put in ive had nothing but problems, soggy shifting and flaring into 3rd gear. ive run the b&m for over 30000 miles now and love it.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sheikss
I would tell you to get a tune if your thinking about buying the electric shift. If your set on a shift kit use the transgo kit.
I am getting a tune in a month or so, I heard you get shift firmness from it. I have a B&m transpak that I got for free!! I jus dont feel like paying someone to install it. The electronic shift is real cheap, thats the only reason why I have taken it into consideration.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 214 Likes on 175 Posts

i had a BM shift kit in my 700r.......it was pure crap......never again will i use a BM kit
Old 03-12-2011, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

Alright fellas, I got it, B&M sucs!!! So now can I get some feedback on electronic shift improvers vs actual kits that install to the tranny? I have heard transgo is a better kit to have, but I cant complain on the free B&M transpak.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

Originally Posted by SoCalCal
Alright fellas, I got it, B&M sucs!!! So now can I get some feedback on electronic shift improvers vs actual kits that install to the tranny? I have heard transgo is a better kit to have, but I cant complain on the free B&M transpak.
id sell it and get a trans go.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

as for 700r4's its usually not the shiftkit that makes them crap, they are prone to flaring and other problems inherantly so i wouldnt say that means the b&m is useless, for the 4l60e use the b&m. i would pay the money and have someone put it in. electronic is going to give you a little bit of performance but nothing like the shiftkit will. if you have the kit for free already then it shouldnt cost you much to get it put in. guaranteed a couple hundred dollars at most to get it installed. not all that tough to do.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 65panel5.3
as for 700r4's its usually not the shiftkit that makes them crap, they are prone to flaring and other problems inherantly so i wouldnt say that means the b&m is useless, for the 4l60e use the b&m. i would pay the money and have someone put it in. electronic is going to give you a little bit of performance but nothing like the shiftkit will. if you have the kit for free already then it shouldnt cost you much to get it put in. guaranteed a couple hundred dollars at most to get it installed. not all that tough to do.
Thanks 65. Your the first to answer the main question at hand. Ive heard good and bad things about the b&m, but I also have heard bad things about the transgo as well. Ive got the 4l60e so the b&m should be fine. The shop around here told me $200, im looking to around to get it cheaper. But again, thanks for the input.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

happy to throw in my opinion and help anytime.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalCal
The shop around here told me $200, im looking to around to get it cheaper. But again, thanks for the input.
Now look at the parts in the kit. You're paying $200 for them to install a few spacers, drill a few holes, and change a spring or two.

People who know this transmission even a little bit can make this kit out of nuts and drill bits.

The B&M might not cause a 2-3 flare because it does nothing to the 3rd gear circuit. People who know what they're doing can install the TransGo kit and not get a flare. Plus the TransGo kit does more than just make the shifts firm.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 65panel5.3
b&m shiftkits... shift like an sob.
That they do, but not in a good way. Feels like the case is going to break every time they shift.

A good "shift kit" is about a lot more than upping line pressure and removing cushion springs.

Not a fan of jacking up the line pressure with the PCM either to answer your question about the "electric shift kit"
Old 03-17-2011, 07:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
That they do, but not in a good way. Feels like the case is going to break every time they shift.

A good "shift kit" is about a lot more than upping line pressure and removing cushion springs.

Not a fan of jacking up the line pressure with the PCM either to answer your question about the "electric shift kit"

mine shifted like that. felt like my neck was going to break. i was happy to get that **** out of there and have a trans go installed.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

we all have our opinions but if he has the kit already then i think for what hes looking for then the b&m will be fine, if he doesnt want the neck snapping shifts then just go with the rv/towing stage one and you will have a decent shift for a daily driver. most b&m kits have the 1 and 2 in the same kit so its up to socalcal to decide i guess.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: B&M electronic shift OR B&M transpak