Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Help- Need GPS update where can I get it-Trip coming still have 04 disk

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 09:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help- Need GPS update where can I get it-Trip coming still have 04 disk

I bought my CTS V last year and I have been meaing to update the GPS as it is useless at this point in time. All it managed to do was get me lost when I went to Chicago recently. Lucky for me, I have a good sense of direction (and a cell phone that has it). It would be nice to use it on my trip for spring break as I am traveling with the family to Florida from Michigan.

Anyway, I can't find an update? Does anyone have one I can buy? Copies I could get? It would really make things easier as I plan to make some stops along the way as well. Alot has changed since 04. I had to put a house in down the street as home.
Thanks
Old 03-13-2011, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post2449834

That is the disc I bought, it works fine. It has most of the road updates from this area, though not 100% of them. Shipped quickly, had it in like 2 days.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Be careful updating discs though without updating the firmware (another disc required). When I got a new map disc I had to turn around and get the firmware disc too.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

I've picked up 2 updated DVDs since I owned my car. The most recent one I bought, which I think is 2009, came from a guy advertising them here in the Classifieds. My system didn't need the firmware update when I got updated DVDs, but an '04 might need it.

As heavymetals said in that thread Cancer linked, some dealers will do the firmware update for free or for a minimal fee.

Quick Reply: Help- Need GPS update where can I get it-Trip coming still have 04 disk