Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 in my cj

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 in my cj

Well yesterday I got the 2000 LS1 ws6 motor up and running in my 1984 CJ7. and its a huge improvement over the 1967 283 small block it used to have. I have a couple questions. first is I don't have the vehicle speed sensor yet but I have one coming, Can not having this sensor cause low power or running erratic? The power is good but for some reason I was expecting it to be wild. its a 325 Hp engine and the compression was near perfect oil pressure is good. sounds an runs great so I think I have a good running healthy engine. I'm running this engine in front of a th350 with a pretty low stall converter, which is the way I like it and the jeep has 33"s with 3:54 gears so I know thats pretty high and that may be why it didn't quite meet up to my expectations....(that or because my daily driver is a built trans 550 Hp Duramax)

Now my next question is since I have EFI Live and used it to tune the VATS out and shut other stuff off but did not tinker with horsepower stuff at all, what does one change for more power and do I have to have a wide band O2 sensor to do the tuning. whose a good tuner to talk to or use for this engine? Thanks

Last edited by H-FIELD; 03-13-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

No vss might make it stall a bit I think and you might want to swap out to a higher-stalling converter so you can rev a bit if you concerned that the motor seems to be a let down. Just my thoughts, I'm sure others will know more.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like an awesome project lets see some pictures/videos of it. Any luck getting it running better so far?

what did you do for a fuel system, I really want to do this swap and have been slowly accumulating parts.