Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

rear speakers keep blowing?!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear speakers keep blowing?!!!

2002 firebird formula and since i got the car a year and a half ago, i have had the bass as far down as it can possibly go and i have broken 4 speakers. both sides behind the driver and passenger seats twice.

so what do i do to fix this and prolly just gonna upgrade so what should i go to???

Last edited by SKULL; 03-14-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same issue. Would love someone to chime in.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, do upgrade... I'll recommend you some stuff if you give some goals and/or a budget. The stock stuff is junk.

If you are blowing speakers while truly not pumping much bass to them, your Monsoon amp may be putting out some DC current which will blow speakers much easier. Tough to say without doing some measurements or even hearing how you use your system, but it's a possibility.

If you don't want a stealthbox (which I do highly recommend that you get), IMO get a nice 4 channel amp for your fronts and sails, and use Peerless SLS speakers in the sails. They won't be as good as a stealthbox, but the setup will walk alllllllll over stock.

Quick Reply: rear speakers keep blowing?!!!