LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fuel Pumps & Wiring Harness

Old 03-15-2011, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pumps & Wiring Harness

I'm making an order for a fuel pump on friday, I was going to get the Granatelli pump from summit since I'm making a big order through them and won't have to pay shipping twice.

But then I looked on thunder racing and they have the Racetronix fuel pump and harness for $100 more than the Granatelli. Now is there a big difference in quality? Is it worth the extra money to get the hot wire kit? $75 seems like alot for a relay and some wire, but if it really is worth it I'll make the order

But I have a few days to make up my mind, I'm replacing my stocker that has worked on my car for 3 years now so honestly I don't really see the need to replace the harness, but I may be better off replacing everything
Old 03-15-2011, 03:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

IMO absolutely. When it comes to fueling, you can never have too much reliability. I have been running the Racetronix GSS307 hotwire kit for 9 years.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:40 AM
TECH Addict

I agree with that, just wondering if the kit itself was worth it. I guess I'll order the whole setup.

Any other place have the kit? Or is that the best price (from Thunder Racing)
Old 03-16-2011, 07:17 AM
TECH Resident

i ordered the 255 and wire kit from lonnies performance for $220
Old 03-16-2011, 07:37 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
IMO absolutely. When it comes to fueling, you can never have too much reliability. I have been running the Racetronix GSS307 hotwire kit for 9 years.
I run the same kit, I love it.
Simple install, clear directions, flawless functionality.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

walbro 255 with a percesy hot wire kit, im not sure if othere kits have the extra fuel pump splice in it to run duel pumps or not but mine does and it was great when i upgraded to duel walbro 255s this year. And almost every 255 pump offer by summit and jegs are the same pump a walbro 255, im not sure about the racetronix or not.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Beware. Lots of knock-off Walbro pumps from the chinese market have invaded big box places like Summit and Jegs. Be careful about what you order.
The Racetronix pump IS a Walbro 255. No knock-offs from them.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

OK so walbro does make the racetronic ones, i was not 100% sure about that. Well since that was said i would find the best package deal and go from there. Just verify when you open the box it says WALBRO 255 on the pump. As for cheap ones from summit and elswhere well if it comes in a BBK,Granitelli,SLP, Box then it better be a Walbro or someone has some explaining to do. but i would not be scared of ordering a pump from summit or jegs there always there to make it right and i order parts from them everyday all day for customer cars.

On a side note does the racetronix HOT wire kit have duel plugs for fuel pumps? Just wanted to know so if perceys were out of stock
Old 03-16-2011, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 96TransAmboosted
OK so walbro does make the racetronic ones, i was not 100% sure about that. Well since that was said i would find the best package deal and go from there. Just verify when you open the box it says WALBRO 255 on the pump. As for cheap ones from summit and elswhere well if it comes in a BBK,Granitelli,SLP, Box then it better be a Walbro or someone has some explaining to do. but i would not be scared of ordering a pump from summit or jegs there always there to make it right and i order parts from them everyday all day for customer cars.

On a side note does the racetronix HOT wire kit have duel plugs for fuel pumps? Just wanted to know so if perceys were out of stock
I would like to know this too, I have plans of adding boost in a year or two if all goes well and would like to run dual pumps. Or would I be better off with a hobbs switch??
Old 03-16-2011, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just because the pump says walbro DOES NOT MEAN IT'S A GENUINE WALBRO. There's a few threads on this, and even a site that explains the differences in finish, stamping quality, internal gears, etc. Do a search on it.

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
I would like to know this too, I have plans of adding boost in a year or two if all goes well and would like to run dual pumps. Or would I be better off with a hobbs switch??
The Racetronix harness is for one pump. I used a Racetronix harness for my primary pump that operates like stock. I used a second Racetronix harness, butchered it, and hooked it up to a relay on the second pump, with the relay's ground passing through a hobbs switch. This is the best way to do dual in-tanks for boost, IMO.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by qc97z
Just because the pump says walbro DOES NOT MEAN IT'S A GENUINE WALBRO. There's a few threads on this, and even a site that explains the differences in finish, stamping quality, internal gears, etc. Do a search on it.

The Racetronix harness is for one pump. I used a Racetronix harness for my primary pump that operates like stock. I used a second Racetronix harness, butchered it, and hooked it up to a relay on the second pump, with the relay's ground passing through a hobbs switch. This is the best way to do dual in-tanks for boost, IMO.
Good to know, thanks for the reply. I guess Friday I'll make the order from Racetronix directly, then just order another harness later on down the road when I need to add another pump
Old 03-16-2011, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you buy a walbro pump from a named performance company and its a knock off then lawsuit time. You caint advertise apples and give out ****. class action anyone.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ Not true. Good luck with that. You'll file on Summit or whomever sold you the knockoff, and they'll say "we didn't know they weren't genuine" because some cheap-*** chinese supplier sold them genuine knock-offs. Then the heat will go toward the supplier, and nothing will happen, because they're in China, and would probably disappear before you could get to them with legal action.
International trade is a bitch.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Have you ever seen a fake walbro in a real walbro box ect? cause this is a little crazy for me to believe this. Not saying its not true or what not but this seems more like someone bought a fake pump and then pointed a finger at the wrong person when something went wrong. Most of the post are full of bull **** as it is. Let alone a GOOD name brand pump being taken over by cheap knock offs in the same box. Every walbro pump made im sure comes from the same manufacturing facility and boxed for what ever company. So if summit sells it They are responsible if there is a law suit. This is getting out of hand now and more likly then not scarring people from the walbro name. I have ordered parts from JEGS SUMMIT CNC motorsports Ect and have never got a fake part that was a knock off.
PM me a link so i can read this thread your talking about over so i can make a better decision on what to think. Sorry to hi jack
Old 03-16-2011, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok first to Turn20 the Percy hiot wire kit has duel plugs for pumps. And buy a pump from summit they only sell real Walbro pumps made right here in the USA as does jegs.

Now to qc97t i did find this

http://www.fuel-pumps.net/walbro-forgeries.html

After reading this and multiple other post on here and other sites i can say that, If you buy a Walbro pump from some random web site or ebay ect that does not have the years of excellent service that known american company have,like Summit,Jegs then your already taking a huge risk that more than likly your not getting what you think you are. I did not know this was such a big problem but if your buying from a reputable company then more likley than not your getting the real deal.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Ok first to Turn20 the Percy hiot wire kit has duel plugs for pumps. And buy a pump from summit they only sell real Walbro pumps made right here in the USA as does jegs.

Now to qc97t i did find this

http://www.fuel-pumps.net/walbro-forgeries.html

After reading this and multiple other post on here and other sites i can say that, If you buy a Walbro pump from some random web site or ebay ect that does not have the years of excellent service that known american company have,like Summit,Jegs then your already taking a huge risk that more than likly your not getting what you think you are. I did not know this was such a big problem but if your buying from a reputable company then more likley than not your getting the real deal.
Scare tactics. These pumps never made it to market. They were picture samples only. There are no Chinese gerotor pumps being made. Only turbine and vane pumps. It is easy to spot the difference between a Walbro and an off-shore pump.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 03-17-2011, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you for letting us know. I knew there had to be some bullshit to this, Im glad to know that this was stopped before hard working americans were taking advantage of. When i buy something that is said to be made in AMERICA it better be, and to think that a company over seas could get away with a that is scary. I just dont think scaring people into believing something without all the facts is crazy. alot of people who post dont post what really happend or think if they blame some one else it wont make them look stupid.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Thank you for letting us know. I knew there had to be some bullshit to this, Im glad to know that this was stopped before hard working americans were taking advantage of. When i buy something that is said to be made in AMERICA it better be, and to think that a company over seas could get away with a that is scary. I just dont think scaring people into believing something without all the facts is crazy. alot of people who post dont post what really happend or think if they blame some one else it wont make them look stupid.
Many of these off-shore pumps have already made their way into the North American market under different brands. They are easy to spot on eBay. Some vendors try to offer them as equivalents to Racetronix PnP pump solutions which is quite sad.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 03-18-2011, 02:48 AM
TECH Addict

Placed the order from Racetronix, got the harness and pump, can't wait to get it in my hands. I have heard nothing but good things.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just dont think scaring people into believing something without all the facts is crazy. alot of people who post dont post what really happend or think if they blame some one else it wont make them look stupid.
Dude...I just said be careful. Was never trying to "scare you into believing something". There are several threads on LTXTech about knock-off pumps. It's not hype.
I know Racetronix can be trusted, their product is verified.

Blaming someone else so you don't look stupid? WTF are you talking about?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel Pumps & Wiring Harness