Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Radio started to open and close by itself..Help please

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Radio started to open and close by itself..Help please

Ok, finally deciding to get some help and find out what the H E double hockey sticks. Is wrong with my car. Actually this problem started a while back. And I realize I'd like to hear music while I drive my car this summer.lmao First sign of problems was when I would remote start my car. Get in while it was still remote started put the key in ignition to drive off(was told my alarm/remote starter had that feature. Turn on dash lights(nighttime) then instant blackout of lights on the dash only. Check the fuse for the dash light, burnt. Now I keep extra fuses or don't remote start vehicle. Then I can use the dash lights with out burning the fuse. Ever since then the remote start doesn't work any more. 2nd sign of problems, one day I was driving and my pioneer with the tilted flip face started to open and close buy it self. I would be able to listen to the radio but couldn't play a cd. Because if I pressed the button to get access to the cd drive it would keep opening and close again. So I just kept it closed. Since then radio just stopped working. Ok, 2 things I liked on my car are down and out for the count. Last signs of problems. My battery pretty much drains in a day maybe day and a half. Oh and it's the 2nd red top Optima I've gone through. Thanks for listening to my plea/rant. Any response or help would be very much appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-15-2011, 10:10 PM
TECH Resident

ALtenator???for the drainage issue....
Old 03-15-2011, 11:47 PM
Teching In

who installed ur alarm setup? i would go back to them, seems like something there is screwed up. could be causing your battery drainage too
Old 03-16-2011, 01:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yea, somebody royally fucked your alarm install. The reason the remote start doesn't work is probably cause you popped on of the fuses. They usually have 3 fuses in the remote start harness to keep from frying the alarm.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:43 AM
Launching!

Thanks fellas. What if I were to say that I also have 3 autometer guages, msd window switch, bottle heater, bottle opener,and purge switches. Which were all installed after the alarm/remote start. Would that also contirbute to this dilema?