LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Recomend me some rear suspension parts..

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 09:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recomend me some rear suspension parts..

I just got a completely stock 95 Z28 t-top camaro. For now I just plan on doing the bolt on stuff on the motor. My suspension is completely stock, so far I have BMR adj. P-rod, a UMI transmission cross-member/ with ta mount. Whould the BMR non adj. control arms be ok along with there tubular sub-frame con...I want the car to hook but don't want to be adj..everything..want something to bolt in an go...any recommendations???
Old 03-16-2011, 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah the non adj lca's would be fine. The only real reason for adj is to center the wheel for taller tires
Old 03-16-2011, 09:21 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

After enduring rattling and noise from rod-end joints AND those new Delrin/spherical adjustable type joints, and not wanting the binding issues from poly bushings, I went with non-adjustable rubber bushed lower control arms from BMR. Happy now.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

did any of you guys use, the relocation brackets for the LCA's??
Old 03-16-2011, 09:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Relocation brackets are a great investment.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Relocation brackets are a great investment.
even for non-adj control arms..
Old 03-16-2011, 10:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yep. I have non-adjustable LCAs on my car with the relocation brackets. Great success has resulted.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yep. I have non-adjustable LCAs on my car with the relocation brackets. Great success has resulted.
cool, didn't realize you had non-adj LCA. Didn't want to hassle with the adj. ones. guess I'll order up some BMR ones along with the brackets...how did you set up yours?
Old 03-16-2011, 10:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

It's not hard. There are thorough instructions provided on how to properly set them up. Use the weld-ins if you can.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's not hard. There are thorough instructions provided on how to properly set them up. Use the weld-ins if you can.
Thanks for the advice..
Old 03-16-2011, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used all adjustable everything. Only bushings on the car is trans, engine and front of tq ARM and let me tell you its a PITA. Setup, maintenance, and horrible if DD. Everything on my car is UMI. Overall they are unmatched pieces by far IMO. But my car will only be track and occasional street time. Drag bar, skinnies, and MT aren't really for the street lol.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

yep id run for sure the lca relocation brackets......they help out alot if the geometry on the lca's is wrong it will actually push the rear end up into the car on launch instead of down at the pavement.....thats no bueno for traction.......also yes non adjustable LCA's would be fine for you and the next biggest thing is a tubular torq arm with that front relocation bracket......depending on where you bolt it to the bracket you can adjust you're instant center for launch........those are a couple of mods u can make that will not affect the durability or driviability of the car everyday......

as for company my entire car is filled with bmr suspension parts......and i run qa1 coil overs up front and varishock adj shocks out back........id give bmr a call IMO

like stated above the tings that dont like the street are the spherical himme joints and more solid mounted things........i've been driving around on them on the weekends here and there with no issues but they are noisy as hell.......
Old 03-17-2011, 01:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
yep id run for sure the lca relocation brackets......they help out alot if the geometry on the lca's is wrong it will actually push the rear end up into the car on launch instead of down at the pavement.....thats no bueno for traction.......also yes non adjustable LCA's would be fine for you and the next biggest thing is a tubular torq arm with that front relocation bracket......depending on where you bolt it to the bracket you can adjust you're instant center for launch........those are a couple of mods u can make that will not affect the durability or driviability of the car everyday......

as for company my entire car is filled with bmr suspension parts......and i run qa1 coil overs up front and varishock adj shocks out back........id give bmr a call IMO

like stated above the tings that dont like the street are the spherical himme joints and more solid mounted things........i've been driving around on them on the weekends here and there with no issues but they are noisy as hell.......
I noticed you said to get a tubular TA, so it can be bolted on the relo-bracket..the thing is my TA relo bracket doesn't have the holes drilled for adjust ability..the one I have is the one on this web-page...is there a difference?? http://www.lmperformance.com/image.asp?p=umi2209&m=223

Quick Reply: Recomend me some rear suspension parts..