Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Custom Headlight Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 10:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Headlight Install Question

All -
I am attempting to build an 02 SS into a police cruiser and can not find anything on how the headlights are wired so that our headlight flashers will work. Anybody who can help I will give the details to.

Thanks
Old 02-17-2004, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that the headlight flashers on cop cars are seperate set of bulbs placed inside the headlight run to a pulsing little box I forgot what the little box was called. I think that you can get them at radio shack. I don't know if the stock headlights will even flash that fast but if they do you will need to find a wiring diagram and find out where the power wire is for the headlight and make a switch that is routed through the little pulsing box then to the headlight but leave the headlight switch the same so that the headlights will still work.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:09 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

I assume by "headlight flasher" you mean the alternating flasher rather than strobe lights. The Camaro headlights are wired with 12V from the switch on the tan wire for low beam and 12V from the dimmer switch on the light green wire for high beam (same on both sides). There is a black wire on each side that goes directly to a chassis ground.