LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

CAI kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CAI kits

Ok WHats the deal with the way over priced K&N version Instead of just putting a K&N cone on? Or anything along the same style? I'm sorry but you can only fit some much in the same hole. I don't care how big it is on the inlet side. If the MAF is bigger than you get more in. Or force inducted. Am I wrong? Cause I'm callin bull ****.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what are you trying to ask? if you want to know if there is a benefit from putting a k&n intake on a car versus just sticking on a conical filter on the stock intake tract, then yes there is. the k&n intake will be taking in air further from the engine, thus cooler air.

is it a HUGE difference? no probably not.

are you also asking about CAI with bigger inlets than the maf and why they do this? well it's because when going through a filter the area of entry actually becomes smaller than the physical size due to having to pass through a restriction. as long as there is velocity there is nothing wrong with trying to get as much air into a motor.

if you want to save some money on an intake look for someone selling a used CAI. I bought my old K&N FIPK for around $100 or so and sold it for the same.