Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6L80 Flexplate.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 10:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6L80 Flexplate.

Hey guys, I've been doing research for a little while and not coming up with anything. So do any of you know where I could go to get a great flexplate? I want one for peace of mind because I'm going to dump more power into my tranny. However if there is a strong one to go with, is there any that are lighter too? I'd like to be able to cut rotating mass as much as possible. Thanks!

-Robbie.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:16 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT
Hey guys, I've been doing research for a little while and not coming up with anything. So do any of you know where I could go to get a great flexplate? I want one for peace of mind because I'm going to dump more power into my tranny. However if there is a strong one to go with, is there any that are lighter too? I'd like to be able to cut rotating mass as much as possible. Thanks!

-Robbie.
My stock 6L flexplate weighs less than my aftermarket 4L80E flexplate I bought for my other A6 car so I don't dump the power I've already added to it.

To help with rotating mass, I dumped the stock converters I was using with both of my A6 cars in favor of lighter, stronger, smaller aftermarket ones.

Best thing you can do to to help help with your rotating mass weight issue right now, is to quit eating those Bags of Lays Jalapeņo Potato Chips, and washing them down with Mt. Dew, while twisting in the wind waiting on your friend Lou to build you a 6L tranny strong enough to break a stock flexplate before the 6L breaks....

Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT
I have a temporary solution. Bag of Lays Jalapeno Potato Chips, and Mt. Dew. That will prepare you for the long run to give Lou at Mad Dog a call and have him build you a 4L60 with guts out of the truck 4L70 and a super servo/ with a Corvette 1-2. Then get the HP Tuners VCM Suite, become a member of the HPT forum and then we will make you your own personalized trans driving and racing tune.

-Robbie.

Go: -Mp1900 Maggie @10 LBS. 221/226, .567/.564 Cam. GMPP LS3 Heads with some more than minor touch ups. Stock converter. Roto-Fab CAI. Angled Corvette ZR1 injectors @ 64Lbs. NGK TR6 Plugs. Gutted cats. Magnaflow CB with X-Pipe. 601 RWHP, 588 RWTQ. HP Tuned by yours truly.
Show: - VMR V713's Powder coated Gray. Staggered +35mm FR/+45mm RR. 245-40/275-35 Hankook Ventus.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by poorhousenext
My stock 6L flexplate weighs less than my aftermarket 4L80E flexplate I bought for my other A6 car so I don't dump the power I've already added to it.

To help with rotating mass, I dumped the stock converters I was using with both of my A6 cars in favor of lighter, stronger, smaller aftermarket ones.

Best thing you can do to to help help with your rotating mass weight issue right now, is to quit eating those Bags of Lays Jalapeņo Potato Chips, and washing them down with Mt. Dew, while twisting in the wind waiting on your friend Lou to build you a 6L tranny strong enough to break a stock flexplate before the 6L breaks....
Well, okey doke then. I just heard that the 6L flexplate was weak so I wanted something more macho, but was hoping lighter would be an able-to-do thing Lol, for the potato chips theory.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:18 AM
TECH Regular

It appears Meziere makes really expensive but really nice flexplates. Anyone know which one is the right one?

Quick Reply: 6L80 Flexplate.