View Full Version : Name that sensor

03-18-2011, 12:36 AM
Well, picked up a '98 ls1 long block to replace the one I blew in November. Got around to finally putting some of it together and noticed this sensor. It was where the oil pressure sensor is located and it's a three prong connector and much shorter than a normal oil pressure sensor. Plug obviously didn't match up to my wiring harness so I swapped mine over. Longblock is supposedly from a '98 camaro. Anyone know if this is actually an oil pressure sending unit? And if so, why didn't GM keep/use this design?!?!? Would of made life so much easier for those breaking them during intake swaps.

03-18-2011, 12:59 AM
looks like a LS2 sensor

03-18-2011, 09:09 AM
I have a 98 and have every piece in and on my engine in my hands, and dont have a sensor that looks like that on mine.

BMR Sales2
03-18-2011, 10:42 AM
It is a oil pressure sending unit. Not sure fore what vehicle but that is what it definitely is.

03-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Could it possible be from a truck then? This engine has changed hands twice, originally came from a '98 Z28 that a guy swapped in 6.0 lq9. So he swapped all the truck parts over to this engine before selling it to a guy planning to put it in an RX-7. That guy found a full LS1/T56 drop out with wiring harness so sold this to me cheap.

BMR Sales2
03-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Yeah it is possible, but I am not 100% sure.

03-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Thats a oil pressure sensor that is in a lot of the newer gen 4 engines. I see them a lot as they have problems with them. I think they started using that style in maybe 2005...?