Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 rebuild kits?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default T56 rebuild kits?

Welp I think the T56 in my TA has seen better days, as well as the clutch. Clutch catches at the very top of the pedal. And i feel like the syncros are going to crap. I feel every gear that i go into, and sometimes it doesnt wanna go into 1st. Theres a vibration coming through the shifter, which i know is in the trans, because in neutral it goes away. Anyways does anyone sell a complete rebuild for these transmissions? Also what clutch would you guys recommend? Mods in the sig and theres also a LE "DD" cam going in, leaving the heads stock, and 1.6 RR's. Thanks
Old 03-19-2011, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Replace the clutch first, then see what the trans acts like. The blockers/synchros will wear quickly if you run on a worn clutch for long, but otherwise you may be fine.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI
Replace the clutch first, then see what the trans acts like. The blockers/synchros will wear quickly if you run on a worn clutch for long, but otherwise you may be fine.
Heres the thing though. The clutch grabs fine, no slip, or anything like that. It just lets out real late. Is that normal for a worn clutch of can I adjust something?
Old 03-19-2011, 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by l 95 Trans Am l
Heres the thing though. The clutch grabs fine, no slip, or anything like that. It just lets out real late. Is that normal for a worn clutch of can I adjust something?
Typical of a worn clutch. It should be evident if you take it out on the Highway in 5th or 6th and go WOT. If you can tell the RPMs climbing faster than the MPH, your clutch is slipping and most likely worn out.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI
Typical of a worn clutch. It should be evident if you take it out on the Highway in 5th or 6th and go WOT. If you can tell the RPMs climbing faster than the MPH, your clutch is slipping and most likely worn out.
Ill have to test that out. As far as slipping while going up hills or 2nd and 3rd gear romps, it nevers seems to slip