Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0 LS truck motor in a 93 suburban???

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 02:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0 LS truck motor in a 93 suburban???

i gotta 93 suburban witha 350 thats pushin a lil over 200K miles, runs likea champ but id like to use my burb to tow my minitruck without having to stop every 200 miles for gas (burbans bagged and has a 20 gallon tank). i also have a H2 and it gets about 11 mpg no matter what im doin in it, towing, not towing, hualin *** or goin the speed limit, seems to stay right around 11 mpg. so im thinkin since the burban's lighter, and a 2wd i should get better mpg right? im thinkin somewhere int eh neighborhood of 14 or 15 towing. am i right? or am i completely wrong?
Old 03-21-2011, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FluffyFreak
i gotta 93 suburban witha 350 thats pushin a lil over 200K miles, runs likea champ but id like to use my burb to tow my minitruck without having to stop every 200 miles for gas (burbans bagged and has a 20 gallon tank). i also have a H2 and it gets about 11 mpg no matter what im doin in it, towing, not towing, hualin *** or goin the speed limit, seems to stay right around 11 mpg. so im thinkin since the burban's lighter, and a 2wd i should get better mpg right? im thinkin somewhere int eh neighborhood of 14 or 15 towing. am i right? or am i completely wrong?
I think you'll see 14-15 maybe 18 while not towing. But you might get 11-12 towing depending on weight of the trailer and load. But you will have way more power with the 6.0l.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:24 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree the 6.0 is going to give you a ton more power. I have a 1990 Chevy Pickup gets around 12mpg around town and 20mpg on highway (2wd standard cab with 8-ft bed). I cannot fathom why there is such a disparity between the city/highway. I guess its irrelevant as we are putting a 6.0 in the truck soon.

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 03-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Teching In

defintely want the power! im pretty sure im pushin 175 at the wheels ( if that) right now. would like to be able to suprise a few cars at stop lights with my pig. would moddin my tbi 350 do anything? would cost about the same either way
Old 03-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Launching!

defintely want the power! im pretty sure im pushin 175 at the wheels ( if that) right now. would like to be able to suprise a few cars at stop lights with my pig. would moddin my tbi 350 do anything? would cost about the same either way
I was faced with that and ended up going with a 6.0 and swapped the tranny as well. I am very glad I did as the 6.0 is awesome. I average 18ish on midgrade with moster tires and horrible wind resistance. It cost me alot given all that was needed from new fuel pump and related stuff and all the other stuff that added up. I probably could have had a chipped and built 350 tbi You can buy a well built modded block for not that much put all yoru stuff on it) and 700r4 built for less but I wanted the relaibilty and smoothness of the modern system so i went that route and have been very happy.

If budget is an issue 5.3's can be found even cheaper, you will lose a bit for towing, but may gain a bit in milage, those 5.3s are little miricle machines and can be found cheap.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

would like to be able to suprise a few cars at stop lights with my pig. would moddin my tbi 350 do anything? would cost about the same either way
I wouldn't waste any money on modding the TBI. Just swap in a Gen III and be done!

Quick Reply: 6.0 LS truck motor in a 93 suburban???