LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

What have i missed

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What have i missed

Well its been forever since i have checked the forum.. Whats new.. sheesh so much to read lol.
Well i almost got rid of my GXP this last weekend. I had it traded in on a 2006 Volvo S60 R with the manual trans.
It was a sick car but somehow decided to keep the GXP

Im just feeling frustrated with the car. its still fun just i need to go get my hands dirty so i can enjoy it again. Any news on trans swaps yet?

Aww yes and i have an update. The passenger Side Airbag module that is located in the seat has went out. So now i have an airbag warning light on all the time.
it has an open in it so it cant detect the weight of the passenger in the seat so right now my passenger has no air bag. And the parts about 750$$$$$$$

Last edited by Panther427; 03-22-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's up man?! I figured that you had either sold the car or decided the forum game wasn't for you anymore.

I'd say the big news is that people are doing DIY turbo work and actually gettting serious about the N/A game. Debates about the merits of throttle body spacers have been replaced with debates about cam specs and gear ratios.

Check out my sig... I've been busy. I can't wait until Milan opens back up to see if I need to play with my cam timing again. I think I overshot advancing the cam and ended up where I would have with just rockers (which cost the same, by the way).
Old 03-22-2011, 12:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by nmp0098
What's up man?! I figured that you had either sold the car or decided the forum game wasn't for you anymore.

I'd say the big news is that people are doing DIY turbo work and actually gettting serious about the N/A game. Debates about the merits of throttle body spacers have been replaced with debates about cam specs and gear ratios.

Check out my sig... I've been busy. I can't wait until Milan opens back up to see if I need to play with my cam timing again. I think I overshot advancing the cam and ended up where I would have with just rockers (which cost the same, by the way).
I can see you yanking that cam out in the near future Nate.
Might have been a dream
Old 03-22-2011, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ya just got busy with work and my kid. she will be 2yo in a couple months.
And i started spending my money on guns. I have bought three in the last year.
an old model 700 30-06, benelli super nova 12 gauge, and a ruger 10-22.

I still need to tint my windows, but id really like to get to the track this year and get into the 14's @ my altitude.

that the kinda mod list i like to see. how have the headers worked out?
Old 03-28-2011, 01:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DavidGXP
I can see you yanking that cam out in the near future Nate.
Might have been a dream
You are precient, but hopefully you are looking into the distant future. Whenever the DOD lifters give up the good fight I'll be deleting DOD, milling the heads for 11:1 compression, and going with LS7 lifters and a custom cam. It will probably on Comp XE-R lobes, because they are aggressive but don't exceed the lift capabilities of the stock rockers. I could still run 1218's with XE-R lobes too. I'll probably widen the LSA a bit too, 114-115, just for fuel economy.

Originally Posted by Panther427
Ya just got busy with work and my kid. she will be 2yo in a couple months.
And i started spending my money on guns. I have bought three in the last year.
an old model 700 30-06, benelli super nova 12 gauge, and a ruger 10-22.

I still need to tint my windows, but id really like to get to the track this year and get into the 14's @ my altitude.

that the kinda mod list i like to see. how have the headers worked out?
The headers get a generally neutral review from me. They are made from high quality materials except for the flex-pipe, which isn't even in the correct place. The engine block itself doesn't flex much from bank to bank, but the engine moves a lot relative to the body. The flanges and tubing are made from thick material, and the coating is high-quality. The primaries are generally too large for this application. If I had to do this over again, I would have ported and coated the stock manifolds and coupled them with a Hogan downpipe. That would cost about the same for probably a bit less power, but I had to sink $$$ in a custom crossover pipe that cleared the LS6 intake manifold and welding in a 3" pipe and flex between it and the cat (I don't remember how it all broke down, but that was at least another $250 in parts and labor (MI is expensive.)). The Hogan downpipe and stock manifolds have none of those downsides, but you'd probably be giving up a tenth or two. If you care about underhood appearance, the headers are clearly the better choice.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

an S60 R with a manual that is pretty hard to find with low miles here in my area.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hawkins04
an S60 R with a manual that is pretty hard to find with low miles here in my area.
There has been 4 of them in the last three months in my area, and i now know of a fifth car private seller on a volvo forum. I always find rare cars