Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

exhaust noise/rattle

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust noise/rattle

okay so i have this issue of a exhaust rattle now i thought it was something touching or rubbing but i inspected everything even thought about the steering shaft touching so i moved that out of the way. the noise comes through the mufflers so i thought the inner part of the muffler was bad so i removed it started the car up revved the engine up and it was still there. so i thought it might be the center resonator so i removed the whole center section now running through obx headers with obx resonators i could still hear the noise its almost like the exhaust amplifies the turbulence of the air it only happens when the engine winds down around 1500 rpm down to idle. i will post a vid tomorrow does anyone know what causes this
obx headers through corsa cat back
Old 03-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

so this isnt my car but its the same problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v9I7KiXVzc

here it as he revs it towards the end of the vid as he lets out of it its got a nasty rattle sounds like crap
Old 03-24-2011, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

When my buddy comes by later I will see if my car does it. I have the same setup.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

Mine does the same thing.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

i been looking around on youtube and it seems the corsa cat back on a stock setup is fine but if you add headers or gut the cats it makes that noise soo now i have a corsa exhaust setup for sale lol
Old 03-24-2011, 09:39 PM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

That's my car in the vid, I'm pretty sure it's the resonator rattle that some have complained about. I have headers on the way and am swapping the res out for an x pipe. I had my stock catback on before I got the corsa and didn't have the rattle sound. It still has the raspiness on decel though. I think that's just the exhaust scavenge from stock mani's though. We will see.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:42 PM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

Edit: just re-read your initial post. Can you vid the exhaust with your current setup obx w/res x and corsa?
Old 03-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Staging Lane

i will today when my buddy comes over there is a post about a guy trying to get a new res from corsa im going to call this guy jim somebody see if i can get a new one before i just seel the whole exhaust
Old 03-25-2011, 01:44 PM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 06killerv
i will today when my buddy comes over there is a post about a guy trying to get a new res from corsa im going to call this guy jim somebody see if i can get a new one before i just seel the whole exhaust
I called him today also. Haven't heard back yet. Probably won't be until next week as well.

Quick Reply: exhaust noise/rattle