LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt1engine please help>>>>>>>

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt1engine please help>>>>>>>

I have 1995 chevy caprice with a stocked lt1 5.7 engine...its hesitating doesnt pick up and its killing me in gas..i've changed the spark plugs wires egr valve distrubitor cat converters fuel pump twice and still no luck..so am fed up..so i decided to start fresh..i want to rebuild and upgrade my engine am not a car guy so am needing some help on a list of parts and stuff that i could do to my engine to upgrade it..am not trying to spend a fortune but i also know that you get what you pay for ...so if theres n e one out there that could help i would really appreciate it
Old 03-24-2011, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

before you go spending unnessassary money, i would take a look at the o2 sensors...that could cause hesitating and bad gas milage.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

there is so much to be checked before going that route you could be looking at a $100 worth of parts where if you rebuilt the motor you would probably reuse and end up with the same problem. You have to remember these cars run off of sensors and if one is out of wack then you end up with non mechanical problems that seem to be mechanical if that makes any sense what so ever. Point being it could be a multitude of problems that are very simple to fix. You just have to bring it to the right place to have it checked out.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:42 PM

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it I guess lll be changing my 02 sensors n see after that also do ya think my exhaust manifolds n mufflers could also be an issue as far as the car feeling heavy when it's picking up